-1-

-Izuku Midoriya's POV-

I woke up to my mother shaking me awake, crying. 

"I-i'm s-s-so so-rry Iz-Izuku!" She wailed and held me tightly. She smelled like cigarettes and alcohol so I already knew she just came back from wherever she gambled her savings away.

"What for?" I groaned as I sat up.

"I-I so-old y-you. I-i-i'm s-so sorry! T-the-ey said t-they wo-would kill u-s b-bo-both!" She kept wailing apologies while I repeated her words in my head. She gambled me away? Is this for real?

I sighed. and looked at her. She looked exhausted, her long greasy green hair was tied up into a bun and her eyes had bags under them. She looked awful..

"Who did you sell me t-to?" It was probably some old perverted drug dealer or something..

"A-a Ma-afia boss.." She finally calmed down but wouldn't look me in the eyes and stared at the ground. My eyes widened even more.

"H-how much ti-" I was interrupted by a knock on our front door. Well that answers my question. I looked back at my mom and kissed her forehead and answered the door.

"Izuku Midoriya?" 2 young males stood there wearing suits. One had spiky read hair and the other had blonde hair with a black lightning bolt dyed into it.

"Y-yeah?" The 2 were pretty intimidating since they were both taller than me by a couple inches.

"We here to pick you up." I looked back at my mom and she was crying by my bedroom door. I looked back at the 2 males and nodded. They led me out to a white van parked by the curb.

"Ironic.." I mumbled. They opened the back of the van and I stepped inside. they closed and locked the door and sat in the front seats, the blonde starting the car.

"Sorry we had to act to profesional, Midoriya. Boss doesn't like it when we act friendly when we're picking people up." The one with spiky red hair said. I was surprised at how casual his voice sounded.

"It's fine.." I mumbled staring down at my hands

"Well anyways I'm Kirishima and this is my boyfriend Kaminari!" The red head said with a toothy grin. His front teeth were pointed which made him kinda look like a friendly shark? I nodded.

"Soo.. are you guys gonna like kill me or something, because a heads up would be nice." I chuckled quietly to myself.

"What? No! Boss just heard your name when he was gambling with your mom so he wants you at his office." Kirishima said. I was confused, I haven't met a lot of people in my life besides the people at my school. I wonder who it could be..

"O-ok.." I said this under my breath and looked out the window.

*Time skip brought to you by Midoriya's innocence*

Kaminari and Kirishima led me inside a GIANT mansion. They walked me down very loong corridors until we were in front of giant double doors. Kaminari knocked on the door 3 times. 

"Come in." I heard a low voice say. Kami walked behind me and Kiri was in front of me. I wasn't expecting who I saw in front of me.

"K-Kacchan?" I was in disbelief. I hadn't seen him ever since I was 13. His family disappeared without a trace. His face showed no emotion. 

"you may leave, Pikachu and Shitty hair." I let out a snort at the nicknames. They rolled their eyes at me and left, closing the door behind them. Kacchan sat behind a neat desk and stared at me. I shifted from one foot to another, uncomfortable. 

"Deku, I'm surprised your mother actually agreed to the deal." I looked at him confused

"She said that you would k-kill us both if she di-didn't." I tried to not stutter when I was talking because I knew Kacchan hated it. Or used to anyways, when we were younger anyways. Kacchan had a look of sadness in his eyes before they were back to his cold expression.

"Your mother sold you for the money we offered for you. We were never going to kill you or her" Kacchan stated. I was shocked. She wouldn't do that? Would she?.. I felt tears pricking at the corner of my eyes but I forced myself not to cry.

Kacchan sighed.

"OI, Icy hot!" He yelled at the direction of another door that I hadn't notice until now. Someone with two toned hair and heterochromatic eyes, as well as a burn scar on the left side of his face, around his eye, opened the door.

He rolled his eyes at Kacchan.

"Yes Bakugou?" 

"Take Deku to his room and i'll talk to him later." Kacchan tossed a key to the other male and he caught it.

"Come with me." He gestured to me and I walked behind him, leaving Kacchan's office. 

"W-what's your name?" I asked trying to break the ice.

"Shoto Todoroki, Yours?" 

"I-Izuku Midoriya.." I responded. Todoroki nodded.

"D-do you know how much Kacchan p-paid for me?" I asked.

"No, he hasn't told me yet." 

After a few minutes of walking we finally get to my room. Todoroki uses the key to unlock it. He opens the door revealing a large living area. There was a kitchen with a coffee maker, a living room with a TV and a queen sized bed that had a green and black blanket across it. I was in awe.

"I-i'm l-living here?" I asked in disbelief. Todoroki nodded.

"I'll be leaving now, Bakugou should be coming soon." He said. I nodded as he left, locking the door. I nodded to myself and spotted a book shelf with a bunch of books. I picked one out and went to the couch to read. The couch was really comfortable and the book was really good. After what seemed like an hour I heard the door unlock. I looked up from my book and saw Kacchan slip in and close the door behind him. Kacchan looked at me and walked towards me quickly and tackled me into a hug. I was shocked. Kacchan never opened up or showed affection to anyone.

"K-kacchan?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Thanks for reading!

Question of the day: How would you die if you got to choose?

<3