☀ Anxiety/Panic Attacks ☀

Sorry for my absence! I love you all so so so so much, thanks for being the best audience I could ever ask for ❤️❤️

(From someone who suffers frequent panic attacks and has panic disorder)

If you find yourself close to having a panic attack ~

▼ Go Somewhere You Feel Safe: If possible create a 'Safe Spot' you can go to when you begin to feel anxious. The more and more you come
To this particular spot, it'll somewhat re-wire your brain into thinking it truly is a 'safe spot' thus putting an end to or helping your anxiety/panic attacks

▼ Tell A Friend Or Family Member: No one should go through this alone, everyone needs to tell at least one person so they understand what's happening and an attempt to help, or simply give support.

▼ District Your Mind: You can do this by coloring, talking, watching something, or playing this game I've learned. The goal of the game is to find 5 things you can see, 4 you can touch, 3 you can smell, 2 things you can hear, and one thing you can talk to 

Take A Deep Breath: remind yourself you are alive, you are okay, and nothing is going to hurt you

▼ Bring Yourself Back Down To Earth: if you're on the border between having an attack and extreme anxiety, try and bring yourself down. Relax by putting on a movie, getting a hug from a friend, reading a book, writing out your thoughts. Do anything that will take your mind away from the thing that is pushing you over that edge.

▼ Have An Action Plan: If you ever find yourself in a situation where you're having it feel an anxiety attack coming on having a plan. Have a way to calm yourself down and remind yourself that you are ok.

▼ Apps:
Download a mindfulness app.
(The Calm app is my personal favs)
One like the headspace app. There's a lot of great activities there to help calm you down.

▼ Ground Yourself:
Go outside and stand barefoot in the grass, shake your hands, look up at the sky, try and picture your anxiety flying up and away from you. Remind your body that you are alive and on this earth. List things that make you happy.

Please. Take your anxiety meds if you have them. Let yourself cry. Sometimes you just have to face your emotions and let yourself feel. If you've been holding something in its time to let it out. Are you avoiding something more serious? Maybe you're having an attack because something stressful is happening in your life and you haven't dealt with it. Listen to your body and your mind and try to work through it.