☁ Getting Ready For School ☁

After 11 years of school I think i owe it to you all to a give a little advice before school ;)

Clean Room/Bathroom: ~

(About 3-4 Days before)

With the new school year approaching it's undoubtedly a necessity to clean and dejunk your room. As many of us know, over the summer things can get a little messy!! Some things that must be done are Vacuum, Wash bedsheets and bedding, consider investing in an air freshener (my fav are the 'wallflowers' from bath and body works!) If you have a bathroom connected to your room or your own bathroom you MUST wash the toilet (bowl, seat, and around on the floor if you have brothers!) Wash out bathtub and sink, clean mirror, wipe counter.

Clean Out And Organize Closet/Dresser: ~

(A couple of weeks before school starts, preferably before school shopping)

This is an obvious one! Most people tend to switch/desire to switch their fashion sense and clothes from year to year, which is completely natural!! The first step is to pull ALL your clothes out, from shirts, to pants, and even socks!! Now that they are all laid out, go through each item of clothing and decide whether you want to keep it or would rather donate/sell it. (Tip: if you can't see yourself wearing it more than 5 times let it go! Also if you 'can't decide' chances are you don't need it as much as you need) After sorting, section your closet/drawers off as to where you are going to put your clothes. (Like where each item goes) the easiest way for me is to have separate places for jeans, leggings and sweats, long sleeve, short sleeve, then under wear and socks! Also one little tip! I suggest getting somewhat of an air freshener for your closet to eliminate Oder. (Not like a real air freshener but like the kind that comes in a little package and is meant to sit on a shelf where clothes are stored or a package of baking sodas! )

Keep Shopping To A Minimum!! ~

The biggest and somewhat most cringe thing I always see is people getting LOADS of new school clothes. Please DO NOT do this!! As the school year progresses you'll be able to see what is in style and what others are wearing, rather than spending all your money on clothes you don't even know will be necessarily in style or popular. I suggest getting three outfits and a pair of shoes. This may Barry depending on the person but if your like me and hoard clothes, three outfits is definitely enough! Also, I recommend not just shopping at popular clothing brands (this goes for all year!) while you may freely choose to shop wherever you please, chances are if it's from a popular store many others are bound to have the exact item.

Reach Out To Friends: ~

(Week/Few days before.)

Though you may have kept contact over the summer, it is good to reach out to not only friends but everyone you have in your phone list that is going to your school! Some ways to do this are, asking for a copy of there schedule to see if you have any classes together, asking if they have had a certain teacher, etc. Not only with this help you to see if you have any classes with friends but it also allows others to view you as outgoing and well.. their friend which will allow them to easier approach you at school! Also this is a way to help ease your nerves about friends and classes.

Sleep Schedule: ~

( 3 Weeks before)

I don't know if anyone else can relate but I for one have the biggest trouble with my sleep schedule during the school year! I know there are probably many of you who feel the same way, but lucky for you I found a little trick. 3 weeks before school starts you must begin to work on your sleep schedule, not 3 days before, or a week, you need three weeks! It takes two weeks to form a habit so obviously you'll need to practice your new sleep schedule for at least two weeks, but what about the extra week? I personally give myself one week in advance to somewhat figure out what times my body best reacts to (what time I go to bed and wake up) Some things I'd like to note are I found the hours, 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, and 11:00 the most effective but again that's a personal opinion!!

Organize Backpack:

(Week before)

Now that it's time to use your backpack that may be new or old, chances are it's pretty messy! I personally am not the tidy person when it comes to my backpack so it's an essential to clean and fill your backpack. First of your backpacks old go through and clean it out as well as washing it in the washing machine. Next you probably have an idea for what you need for school so with that info fill your back back with all the needed supplies. The system I use is I have 2 backpacks, one for and A day and B day (this is for those of you who's school splits classes into 4 and 4) that way I'm not always having to pack and unpack my backpack. Another thing I do is I store my pencils, pens, highlighters, lead, and glue all in the front ouch of my backpack. Personally I don't like pencil cases as I think they take too much effort but again, your choice!!

Go Over Classes/School Map: ~

This is a little different than comparing your classes with your friends. With school only a couple days away it's very helpful to go through your classes and make sure you have everything you need, all the teachers you like (now more helpful with some friends input if you asked about the teachers), and where they are. Something I like to do is find a map of my school (on its website) and mark down the classes I have in order. Trust me you won't look dumb if you have to use a map, even after 11 years I still do sometimes! Another idea is to tour the school in person and mentally note where all the classes are! I really recommend all of these ideas especially to those transferring into new schools!

Feminine Products: ~

If your a girl feminine products are so important to have. Whether you keep them stored in a side pocket in your back pack or in your lockers, All girls, whether you've started your period or not, need to have pads/tamps and some pain medication in your possession when at school.