My Famille (Family)

I was at Grimmauld Place during my christmas break. The snow outside crunched under everyones weight and gave a crispy air tone. Muggles, as I don't have any other word for them, were wearing beanies and coats to big for them. If I was younger I would've laughed at their expense, but it's normal for me now. Afterall, I've seen monsters, evil wizards and I can turn into a dragon. A kid in a jacket too big for him can't amuse me. Well maybe a little bit.

I walked downstairs wearing aviators, a black shirt, and a denim jacket. My feet echoed and creaked. It even woke the old bat we called a painting as she hollered about 'disrespectful blood traitors'. Whatever that meant.

I walked down the narrow hallway. It was dark and dim. The energy it produced to me wasn't well. Like a sickness or a plague better more like it.

I stopped my movement, once I reached the Kitchen. Pushing the door open, I felt a crumble of dust or dirt rub off onto my fingers. This place needed thorough cleaning. Luckily, Spells were for that.

I looked at the long table drawn out in front of me. I saw that there was only one person up at this hour. Daphne Greengrass.

Her sleeky platinum blonde hair held up into a ponytail. She wore what looked to be a fancy skirt with grey legging resting just below her knees. Black shiny dress shoes coating the look as well. The best part I saw though was her eyes. Her crystal orbs expressed...happiness. Love shining like a disco ball. I loved this woman and lord knew that it was the truth.

She must have noticed my staring as she looked up and grinned at me. It was a sly sexy and mischeivious grin. One I have never really seen Daphne wear. It could only make me wonder why ?

"What's the look for gorgeous ?," I asked.

"Certainly not because of you," she sighed sarcastically.

"I'm crushed," I feigned hurt. Resting a hand on my chest with a smile that can melt the north pole. She giggled, breaking character before her grin slowly fell. Seriousness drooping from her.

"You'll be visiting our families today."

"Oh...Seven hells."

"Yep, all five of ours."

I paused at what she said. My memory raked a bit before I groaned holding my head. Daphne grinned a bit, knowing that I had figured out.

"Yes...and might I say our french friend is not too keen on being forgotten," Daphne teased.

"I didn't forget her...It's just, I heard this gossip about her father not being too friendly with the idea of his oldest getting involved with the 'Son of mass murderer Sirius Black'. Then I heard that ge was setting her up with someone else. Not to mention all the government shit going on"

"Excuses," Daphne said plainly. It was the truth. Deep down, I knew it was. I still could've contacted Fleur. Shits going to hit the fan.

"Well what do you propose we do ?," I asked. Daphne raised a delicate eyebrow.

"We ? This is your mess," She giggled. I rolled my eyes mockingly. "I just want you alive for my father to meet you."

"Understandable," I replied.

Suddenly, I caught the noise of wings pushing themselves to their destination. Turning my neck, I find Pipsqueak flapping around my head eagerly. Ever since I was found he would always either be by my side or sleeping. Pipsqueak landed on my shoulder proud and true. I smiled at my teammate. No matter what happens in the future its me and him against the world.

"A meeting with the parents huh ?," I heard.

Pipsqueak, Daphne, and I turned to see My father Sirius Black standing with my mother Nicole. His arm around her waist lovingly. Both of their eyes locking onto mine with pure happiness. This made my heart swell with vigor.

"How long has this been going on ?," I asked.

They ignored my question conpletely.

"Son," Dad said putting his arm around my shoulder, "I think it's time for you too know the differences between a wizarding family and a muggle family."

______________________________________

"SMILE!!," Mrs. Weasley said at us with a grin.

I was in the center with Mom and Dad at my sides, Pipsqueak flapping around my ear as we laughed at his childish antics. Pipsqueaks been acting like this ever since I came home really. This picture it was going to be wonderful. The Black family. However, something felt missing. At the pit of my stomach I felt like someone wasn't in the photo.

I looked to the crowd that had gathered behind Mrs. Weasley. I see my girls,excluding Cho and Fleur, glancing between the camera and me. The Weasley siblings looking about the Christmas spirit. Then I saw someone that I nearly forgot about.

Harry Potter.

He looked at the group of us with a sad half smile. A look of true longing and depression in his eyes. He wanted to be apart of not just the photo but also our lives. He wanted to be a black. Despite him having the Potter name, in every eye he is a brother to me.

My chest filled with guilt. I'm not as close with Harry as a brother should be. It's Disgraceful really. I know just the way to send him a message. A message that he's apart of our family.

"Wait a minute," I said. To the confusion of many, I walked away from the photo but I didn't care what they thought.

My eyes met Harry's as I neared him. His emerald green eyes shone with curiosity and a slight fear. The closer I got the wider his eyes became. Was I that intimidatibg to him ? Maybe I reminded him of somebody, who knows ? I reached out my arm to him. He looked down confused before he slowly started to realize what I meant.

"That's right," I started to say, "I want you to join us, you're our family too."

Harry looked down ready to refuse, however Remus patted his shoulder forward. Encouraging the young Potter to go on ahead. Harry looked at him and then at me with a grateful smile. Tears maybe welling in his eyes. I know that the teenage age is all about masculinity or being brave in front of girls but it just isn't true. Who cares what people thought about Harry and I. We were brothers. Sure he was kind of sensitive and I was a little stubborn but we were brothers all the same.

As Harry walked to get in front of the camera, I looked at Remus. He was my father's friend since their schooling years. He was my uncle in a way. In fact, I remember a faraway memory where My dad and Mr. Potter before he passed, tried to make me say 'Uncle Prongs' and 'Uncle Moony' However I only made out 'Moogsy'. To the laughter of everyone around and to Remus's embarrassment and pleasure.

Brought out of my memory, I looked at Remus again and smiled at him.

"You too...Uncle Moogsy."

He gave a heartfilled chuckle of surprise at my wording. I can tell he was truly touched by what I said.

I stood next to my father, his arm around my neck. My mother had her arm wrapped around Dad's waist. Smiling as she knew she belonged. Reus stood behind my mother with an awkward standing position and a smile to go with it. Finally, Harry stood in front of my father. A true and loving smile on his face. He looked so happy as if this was his christmas. As if Voldemort didn't matter. Just this family. Pipsqueak still flapped around my ear squaking compliments.

"Now SMILE!!," Mrs. Weasley said. A snap of the camera flashed. Smoke leaving the perfect photo.

This was my family. Where my heart belonged.