i need you

"david, i need you." liza sat on her bed, curled in a ball. her hands and arms clenched her knees and her teeth shivered. she felt the room shrink and the light dim. her breathing quickened. "okay okay, take it easy. i'll be there in a few minutes baby." the worry in david's voice was very noticeable, but the sound of it calmed liza only slightly. they hung up as david grabbed his keys to his tesla. he hurried out the door, knowing that if he didn't hurry something bad was going to happen. he jumped into the driver seat, and sped off.
liza curled up tighter, falling over in the process. her thick tears soaked her bed. downstairs, she heard the front door open and close. david's powerful voice called from the bottom of the stairs. "liza?" he ran up the steps, skipping every second one. he swung open liza's bedroom door, seeing her small, trembling body on her queen sized bed. he rushed to her, laying down next to the tiny girl. he pulled her close to her, spooning her. she nuzzled into his chest, soaking his hoodie with heavy tears. david shushed her softly as he stroked her back. he turned onto his back, pulling liza on top of him. her breath slowed as she listened to his heartbeat. "i'm here baby" david whispered.
eventually liza fell asleep, david doing the same later on. they slept peacefully, dreaming of happy things.

hello! it's been a while. i'm glad to be back. sorry i've been gone for so long. school has taken up my life and i'm currently trying to find a job. this is my second time writing this story because the last one deleted. super mad about that. anyways, i'll try to be more active. i have a suggestion for a proposal one shot, so stay tuned for that. it might be up this weekend. not sure though. it will probably be short, like my others. but at least you enjoy them. i think.
anyways, i hope you enjoy this one :)
all my love,
elena <3