sunset

"hey babe, why don't we go down to the beach and watch the sunset?" david comes out of the bedroom. he awaits his lovers answer, knowing she'll say yes anyways. "yeah, that would be great." liza smiles, standing from the couch. "cool, i'll grab blankets and you grab snacks. make sure you put cookies in." liza smiles at her childish boyfriend. "of course" she says before pecking him on the lips and grabbing the cookies.

____

the couple drives to the beach in the infamous tesla, david ocasionally glancing at the love of his life. he rubs small circles on her ring finger, leaving a hint of the events of tonight.
they arrive at the giant puddle, parking the car and getting out. liza goes to grab the things from the trunk, but david stops her. "let's just walk. we'll grab the stuff later." liza nods as david grabs her hand. they stroll to the stairs, their feet landing on the soft sand. they slip of their socks and shoes, the sand molding around their feet. they walk and walk as the sun gets smaller, the light of the sky getting darker and the neon lights of the streets slightly light up the city. liza stops, gazing off into the orange and pink colours. david takes this as the perfect moment for his main task. he gets down on one knee, pulling out the small box from his pocket.

"liza?"

the small girl turns to see her boyfriend on the ground, the ring in his hands slightly shining in the glow of the sunset. liza's hands travel up to her mouth slowly, covering her surprised face. tears sting her eyes.

"i know it has taken me a while to do this, but i don't know why i waited so long. liza, you are the best thing that has happened to me. you have made me a better person and you helped me through everything. you support me and guide me through everything and i get to love you endlessly as you do so. i hope i can continue to watch you succeed and coninue to love you forever."

tears are now free falling down liza's cheeks like water falls.

"elizabeth shaila koshy, will you marry me?"

"absolutely."

david stands from his knee. he slides the diamond onto liza's small finger before embracing her in a passionate kiss. david's arms travel around liza's waist as liza's wrap around david's neck. they pull away seconds later. david picks her up, spinning her around in circles. he sets her down carefully, their foreheads resting on each others.
"i love you so much."