secret love

having a secret love is hard. you don't want anyone to know. sometimes they can't know, because it would ruin good things. it would ruin the best thing that has ever happened to you. it would ruin an amazing friendship. the best friendship with your best friend. the strongest relationship you've ever had. it kills you inside when you're with that secret love, because you just want to grab them and kiss them. you want to hold their hand and never let go. you want to hug them forever. you want to hold them forever. you want to be with them every second of every day, because you just want to be near them. you can't get enough of them. you want to tell them so badly how you're feeling, but you're scared. you're scared it will ruin your life and their life. you're scared that things will never be the same with that person because you made it awkward or it just doesn't work anymore. you're so scared you will lose them forever.

liza sat at her white kitchen table, writing in her notebook. as she wrote her last word and closed the marble print book, she looked at the boy sitting on her brown couch. he was seated on the middle cushion of three, his feet up on the coffee table. his thumbs glided across his phone, scrolling to no end. liza stared at the shaggy-haired boy. liza has known this boy since first grade, and it has been the best years of her life. now they are in twelfth grade. they are much older, much more mature. but her crush for him is still so strong. it has never gone away. it's not even a crush anymore. she is in love with him.

"david?" liza uncrossed her legs, turning in her chair to face the brown-eyed boy. "ya?" david looked up at liza, his face falling to a somewhat confused look. liza stood from her chair and very quickly walked to david. she sat beside him. she grabbed his face with both hands, roughly connecting their lips. it was a long, passionate, kiss. they never wanted to disconnect, but they had to after a very long time. they were breathing heavily, but smiles were present on their faces. "i'm in love with you, david dobrik. i always have been." david's smile grew. "i'm in love with you, liza koshy. i always have been."