do you?

short one

david stood in the kitchen of his 2.6 million dollar home, leaning on the white counter. he unlocks his iphone, opening messages. his thumb finds the contact he is looking for before typing a message, his thumbs tapping rapidly as he does so.

hey can you come over
in a bit? i need to talk
to you about something.

yeah, i'll be over
in 15.

david sighs before shutting off the device. he strolls to his bedroom before plugging in his phone to charge. he throws himself on the white, surprisingly made, bed. he runs his hand through his brown locks on his head, before closing his eyes for a small 10 minute nap.

•••

david's eyes shot open as he heard a knock. his nap lasted longer than he intended. he sat up before running to the source of the knocks. he turns the corner, entering the kitchen. he sees a brown-haired, brown-eyed girl standing on the other side of the glass. his hand turns the door knob, opening the door with a slight creek. "hey liza. come on in." the short girl entered the aesthetically pleasing, slightly messy, home. david shuts the door before following liza further inside. "do you want water or something?"

"do you have a new girlfriend?"

david turned from the cupboard full of glasses, facing liza. "what?" david closed the cupboard, as he knew she did not want water. "if you have one, we are gonna have a problem." a confused expression found david's face. "because i'm still in love with you. and if you have a new girlfriend, then this situation is even more uncomfortable than it already is." liza's way of getting through uncomfortable situations was humour, but sometimes it doesn't fit with what is happening. david slowly walked towards the anxious girl, grabbing her hands. "liza, i don't have a new girlfriend. you don't have to worry." liza sighed in relief. "that's actually what i wanted to talk to you about." liza stared into david's eyes, trying to figure him out. "i'm still in love with you too. liza, will you be my girlfriend again? and i get it if you're not ready yet or you don't want to date me aga-". david was cut off by a kiss to his lips. "yes, i will be your girlfriend again." smiles grew on both of their faces as they pulled into a tight hug. as they let go, they connected their lips in a long-awaited kiss. they missed each other, but they don't have to anymore.