message

liza sat on her bed, phone in her hands. her thumb hovered over the bright screen. she eventually started typing.

hey, can you
do me a favour?

of course.

i'm going to call you.
i don't want you to
pick up. i'm gonna
  leave you a message,
but you're not going
to listen to it until i
tell you to. okay?

okay.

liza closed the messages app, before opening the call app. she finds the specific contact, pressing it before it starts to ring. she brings it to her ear waiting for her cue to start her message. as she hears the sound, she speaks.

"i'm in love with you, david."

she presses the red circle, ending her message. she trusts david. she knows he won't listen to it until she tells him to. but when is she going to give him the okay, exactly? she thinks for a minute. 'tonight at nine o'clock' she thought. she sighed before falling back on the fluffy bed.

•••

it was eight fifty-five. liza's heart pumped as the upcoming events got closer. she watched the clock, time seeming to slow down completely. eight fifty-nine. she opened messages, thumbs ready to type. nine o'clock.

okay, you can
listen to it.

liza waited anxiously as she saw that the message has been read. she twiddled her thumbs. a ding came from her phone, lighting up the screen.

meet me at the
end of our road.

okay.

liza stands from her criss-cross position on her bed. she slipped on her vans before throwing on a hoodie. david's hoodie. she exited her bedroom through the window, as her parents are downstairs watching a movie. she climbed down the tree, her feet meeting the ground as she jumped. she walked down the street, hands in her- david's- hoodie pocket. as she approached the end of the road, she saw a figure wearing all black. as she got closer, she saw it was the boy of her dreams. their eyes locked. "hey." liza pretended to admire the ground, but it was not working. she looked quite stupid, actually. "hey." the awkwardness grew stronger. "look, david. i hope this doesn't change anything for us. my feelings are dumb and i get if you don't want to speak to me again." liza felt a finger on her chin as her head was lifted. her eyes met two familiar chocolate orbs. "i'm in love with you, liza." a smile grew on their faces. they stared at each other for a few seconds, before slowly connecting their lips. they moved in sync as david deepened the kiss. they pulled away minutes later.

"i love you so much, david dobrik."

"i love you so much, liza koshy."