marry me

the bright, gleaming sun shines through the window as liza opens her chocolate brown eyes. she blinked a few times, adjusting to the light. she yawned, and gazed at the sunlight. as she was watching the birds in the tree outside the window, she felt strong arms tighten around her. she turned over, her eyes lingering on the boy next to her. he had a slight stubble on his chin. his hair was draped over his face in a messy catastrophe. his eyes twitched as he slept peacefully. his mouth was slightly parted as he breathed softly. liza pushed the hair out of his face to get a better look at him, but it tickled his nose. his eyes fluttered open. his brown eyes came into view. he noticed liza staring at him. her cheeks turned a light pink as david smiled. he grabbed her face as he leaned in to kiss her on the lips. "good morning." david stroked a piece of fallen hair out of her face. "good morning bubba." liza tapped david's arm, signalling to let her up. david slithered his arms around her tighter. liza fell onto her back from her elbows. "david! i need to pee and then i'll make us breakfast. mainly me because you don't eat breakfast." david let go of his girlfriend as he groaned. he rolled over as liza strutted to the bathroom.

as liza opened the bathroom door, she saw her boyfriend stretched out and snoring on the bed. liza watched him for a minute before walking to him. she leaned down and kissed him on the cheek. "i love you." liza brushed his face slightly before leaving him to sleep. "i love you too", she heard before closing the bedroom door. liza trudged down the stairs humming a tune. she turned on her bluetooth speaker and hooked up her phone. she shuffled her playlist, and checked her social media's. after she answered emails and scrolled through instagram and twitter, she started on breakfast. she fried some eggs in a pan and popped some bread into the toaster. she opened a package of bacon and threw it in a pan. as she flipped the bacon, she danced and sang to cardi b. behind her, david was groggily stepping down the wooden stairs. he watched as liza swayed her hips to the song. liza didn't notice the half-asleep boy behind her, watching her dance. as david watched her, he came to a realization. he loves this girl. he wants to be with her forever. just before the next song played, he spoke up. "marry me." liza stopped before picking up the last egg from the pan. she put the spatula down, slowly turning. she made eye contact with david. "what?" david paused the music. he walked to liza on the other side of the counter. he grabbed her small hands. "marry me. liza, we've been together for 6 years and i love you so much. i want to spend the rest of my life with you. i don't have a ring right now but..." david quickly ran upstairs to the bedroom. he opened his underwear drawer and pulled out a navy blue box. he opened the leather box to reveal a sparkling diamond necklace. he closed the box quickly and raced downstairs. he stopped at liza still in the same place as before. david opened his mouth but liza shushed him with her finger. she turned to the stove to remove the egg from the pan. she placed the pan in the sink and switched off the burner. she turned back to david. "carry on", she gestured to him. david opened the blue box. "i was saving this for your birthday but now is a better time." liza's wide eyes scanned the necklace. her small fingers delicately picked it up. "david, it's beautiful." liza turned so david could hook the necklace in the back. "liza, i can't wait anymore. will you marry me?" liza's smile grew 4 times bigger. "yes. absolutely yes." david smiled as they leaned in for a kiss. their lips smashed together as they embraced each other in a passionate kiss. as they parted, liza looked down at her necklace, her fingers tracing over the diamonds. she hears a giggle as she looks up. "what are you laughing at?" david points to her multiple chins. "you had like 5 chins." liza scoffs and hits david on the arm. david rubs his shoulder, pretending it really hurt. liza giggles. "i love you so much" she says. "i love you too baby." david wraps his arms around liza as they lean in for another passionate kiss. david opens his eyes to sneak a piece of bacon. he could smell it all morning and couldn't take it anymore. he pulled his lips from liza's and shoved the piece of bacon into his mouth. liza opened her mouth as she hit david once again. "ow stop hitting me" david teased. liza giggled as david dragged his feet to the couch, turning on the television. liza finished cooking breakfast. she remade the eggs, as they were cold and retrieved the toast from the toaster. she placed it on a plate, joining david in watching how i met your mother.

wow, this is a doozy. anyways hope you enjoyed and i'm very sorry this wasn't up sooner. i totally forgot about writing this. i also have another story coming soon. it's a little different than what i usually do but i thought i would change it up. again, hope you enjoyed :)