secret agent dobrik

liza slowly opened her milk chocolate eyes, blinking as they adjusted to the sunlight that shone through the big window. she turned to the opposite side of the bed to find it empty. usually, her handsome boyfriend of 3 years was there to greet her in the mornings, though this time he was not. the brown girl stretched and reached for her cell phone, unplugging it from the white chord. the bright screen pierced her eyes, as they were not fully adjusted to the brightness yet. as her eyes met the beaming screen, she noticed a message from her lover. she rested her thumb on the home button, unlocking the electronic device. she read the message carefully.

morning beautiful. i had to
take care of something this
morning. i'll call you later.
i love you.

                                                                         okay. i love
                                                                         you too.

she found this quite odd, but did not go into further questioning. the groggy girl peeled off the white duvet, the cold air hitting her warm body. she shivered as her feet hit the wooden floor. she slouched to the bathroom to wake herself up in a hot shower.

as the now awake and dripping girl stepped out of the shower, she dried herself thoroughly and strutted to the white dresser. she chose an oufit and slipped it on. as she put on her socks, she heard a ring come from the box that consumes most of her life. she picked it up to see david's name flashing on the screen. she swiped her thumb across the smooth surface, bringing it to her ear. "hello?" the petite girl walked to the bathroom as her favourite voice filled her ears. she put the phone on speaker, setting it on the marble counter as she brushed her curly hair. "hey baby. sorry i wasn't there this morning. i promise i'll be home soon though." the girl had many different questions of what he was doing this morning that he could not tell her about, and they were not good ones. she quickly wiped those questions from her mind. "okay. i'll see you in a bit then." she placed the hair brush on the counter, plugging in the black hairdryer. "see you in a bit love." the boy on the other end hung up. liza sighed as she turned on the cylinder-shaped fan.

david's pov

"scott!" david jogs to scott, catching him before he slipped out the door. scott stops and turns as he hears his name being called behind him. "hey, what's up?" he fixes his backpack, which is thrown over one shoulder. "i have a question. it's kind of important." scotts face falls slightly. "anything dude." "should i tell liza what i do? i just don't want to put her in danger." david plays with the cartier ring on his finger, twirling it around. "i think you should. when i told kristen it was a huge relief because i wasn't hiding my biggest secret from her. i think you should tell her dave. it'll be a lot easier for you." david nodded his head. "thanks." "no problem." scott walked off pulling out his phone.

~1 hour later~

liza's pov

omw home

liza read the message as she finished her eggs in front of the wide television that was playing friends. she stood from the brown couch. she trudged to the kitchen, placing her dishes into the dishwasher. as she washed her hands, she heard the front door open as david stepped through. "hey babe" he said as he placed his bag onto one of the kitchen table chairs. "hi" the small girl replied. they kissed shortly before david plopped onto the couch pulling out his phone. liza stared at him intently, trying to figure him out. she didn't smell any sort of perfume or female essence, though she could not be sure. "david?" "ya baby?" liza crossed her arms as the messy haired boy looked up. "what were you doing this morning that you couldn't tell me about?" her face was serious and angry, but not so angry she would scream. david froze as her words left her mouth. he sighed. "do you really want me to tell you?" david carefully threw his phone beside him, turning himself to face his girlfriend. "yes, i do david." he patted the spot beside him, physically telling liza to sit. she sat, her face falling slightly. "there is one thing i need you to know." david grabbed liza's small hands, placing them in his big ones. "if i tell you, you may be in danger. but i will protect you and the others will protect you." liza became very confused. "what others?" david sighed as he stared at their interlocked hands. "liza, i'm a secret agent. i have been for about a year. the others are my team which includes scott, alex, jason, and corinna. scott and jason have been on the force longer than alex and i. corinna just joined a few months ago. this morning we were finishing up a mission. and those times when i said i was going to film with the guys, really i was fighting off bad guys. but i did film with them too. liza, i am so so sorry i didn't tell you sooner but i couldn't. and now that i have told you, you could be in danger. that is why i didn't tell you. i couldn't stand the idea of putting you in danger." liza stared at david, slowly processing all that had been said. david lowered his head, realizing that the love of his life is now a target. "david." he looked up quickly. "are you happy with what you are doing? being a secret agent?" "yeah, i am." a small smile grew on his face. "then it's okay. as long as you are happy. and i get why you couldn't tell me. i've seen movies." david laughed along with liza. "david, i know that you will protect me. there is no doubt about that. but there is one thing you have to promise me." his facial expression changed. "anything." liza stared into his eyes. "you have to promise me you are staying safe." "i promise." liza smiled. "i love you so much" said david. "i love you too bubba." liza leaned into him, resting her head on his chest. "you probably look really hot fighting bad guys." david laughed at liza's sly comment. they kissed passionately. david grabbed his phone, opening messages. he clicked on a group chat called 'a team.'

                                                                     liza knows.

welcome to the club.

finally. kristen needed
a friend.

welcome, liza!

                                                            and i told her that
                                                         you guys will protect
                                                         her.

always.

we got your back

of course!

liza smiled as she read the texts. her boyfriend and friends were secret agents. awesome!!

hey! i hope you enjoyed this one! i kind of like this one. anyways, lmk if you have any suggestions! i am happy to take them!