the ex-boyfriend

slight mentions of abuse!
get ready for a long one!

david sat at his desk, editing mondays vlog. the computer mouse clicks and drags as he pieces together a bit with drunk zane and ilya. his eyes follow the tiny arrow on the wide screen, being very careful of where it goes, not wanting to delete something important. his black iphone dings beside his elbow. he glances at it before going back to his editing, deciding it can wait. it dings again. and again. he sighs in annoyance before picking it up in his hands. he unlocks the electronic device, opening the messages from an unknown number.

stay away from my liza.

if you give her to me, we won't
have a problem.

and i want the girls, too.

they are supposed to be mine.

david scans the messages with wide eyes once more. 'who is this person and why do they want my wife and daughters?'

who is this?

someone who can hurt
you badly unless you give
me what i want.

david thought this was some fan pulling a mean prank. but, he also thought it could be real. he was hoping for the first one. david shuts off his phone off before going back to his editing. his wife comes to the door, knocking softly. he spins his chair around to see her with a laundry basket in hand. "any laundry?" david shook his head. "nope. i did mine yesterday." liza nodded before turning back to exit the office. "hey liza?" the short girl turned back to her husband. "yeah baby?" david stood from the black leather chair, grabbing his phone as he did. he opened it to messages, showing his wife the texts. she dropped down the basket full of dirty clothing before grabbing the cell phone from david's hands, reading the texts carefully. her breath quickened, eyes growing wide. "oh shit." liza started to panic. "what? liza, what is oh shit?" liza gave the phone back to her husband. she picked up the basket, quickly walking to the laundry room. david followed. "liza? do you know who this is?" liza quickly shoved the clothing into the washing machine. david grabbed her hands, stopping her. "liza?" she sighs as her eyes slowly travel up to meet david's. "um, that may be my ex-boyfriend from high school, mike." david was very confused now. "before i graduated, he got me pregnant. he wanted to keep it, but i told him i didn't want to have his child. i got an abortion and broke up with him. now i think he wants to take our girls for himself, along with me." liza took a deep breath, as she was speaking rather quickly. it took david a while to process the information. "why didn't you tell me this?" liza fiddled with her fingers nervously. "i didn't think it was important because it happened so long ago and i also didn't want to relive that part of my past. it was a horrible and scary time and i didn't want to think about that again. he hurt me, david. i can't go back to that. now he wants to hurt you and the girls and that can't happen, david. it can't." heavy tears were now falling down her face like a waterfall. david pulled her into a tight, warm hug, kissing the top of her head. "okay okay, you're alright." liza sobbed into her husbands black t-shirt, soaking it. he rubbed her back, calming her down. "liza, it's okay that you didn't tell me. that is a very big part of your life and no one would want to go back to that." liza hugged him tighter. "if i went to your school and saw you with mike, i would've knocked him out and kept you for myself." liza giggled slightly at his attempt to cheer her up. they parted from the hug, connecting their lips together. after seconds, they pull away. as they smile at each other, a loud bang from the front door rumbles through the home of the dobrik's. "he's here." david's eyes widen. "go get the girls, hide in our closet and call the police." liza nodded before rushing to madison and jayda's room. she picked them up carefully, placing them both on each side of her hips. she rushed to the master bedroom. she grabbed her phone from the bedside table before running to the large closet. she shut the door, hiding behind the hanging clothing.
she unlocked her phone, dialling 911. a woman on the other end picked up immediately. "911, what is your emergency?" liza shushed the girls as she breathed quickly. "hi, my name is elizabeth dobrik. i live at 5674 sunwest road. my very dangerous and possibly armed ex-boyfriend is trying to hurt my family. he has also been sending my husband threatening text messages. he wants to take away my children and hurt my husband. i am hiding in my closet right now with my daughters but my husband could be in danger. please hurry." liza's breathing quickened. "okay elizabeth, slow down. can you say that address again?" liza rocked madison, as she was stirring and about to cry. she calmed down quickly. "5674 sunwest road." liza took a big deep breath, trying to slow her breathing and nerves. "alright we have officers on the way. stay on the line with me elizabeth." liza closed her eyes tight as she heard a gunshot, thinking the worst. "he has a gun." liza held madison and jayda closer to her, scooting farther into the clothing hanging above her.