row two, desk three

high school can be the main focus of life, or it can be the thing that you dread the most in life. for most, they dread it. for some, they enjoy it. but for elizabeth koshy, it goes both ways. she would rather be blowing her money on things she doesn't need with her best friends, or sitting at home binge watching how i met your mother while stuffing her face with junk food, than sitting in a small, hard desk listening to the most boring people in the world explain the war of 1812. but some days she is eager to go to the hell they call school. specifically, her c block english class. for it is no friend or teacher, but a boy. the boy who disrupts the class, the boy who is most likely failing the class. the boy that is like any other popular boy in high school.

but liza sees a different side of him. the side that is funny and sweet. the side that cares deeply about his family and friends, though most times does not show it. that is what she likes most about him. the good side. the side that makes her like him. maybe even love him.

she has never confronted him about these feelings. she doesn't have the guts to. she has never had luck with first impressions. people end up giving her weird looks. those weird looks are plastered in her brain. they haunt her. because she knows that that is when all hope for that person being her friend, is gone. they simply do not want to be associated with her. they feel it would ruin their image by being around someone like her. funny how selfish people are these days. but there is a feeling in her stomach, that this boy would not give her that weird look. the feeling is that he would smile his adorable smile of his. he would laugh at her awkwardness, because he finds it cute. he would walk with her to her next class, and wave her off. they would meet up for lunch at bond at the fact that they both dread school, but they know that their motivation, is each other. they would just never admit it. they might, one day. but not now.

liza sits in her desk, lost in thought. her thoughts about the boy in row two, desk three. for his name is david dobrik.