21

"Xavier Hunt." I asked at the front desk as I reached the hospital.

"Can I know the relation to the patient?" She asked.

"Assistant.... I am his assistant." 

"Because of privacy to the VIP patient, we cannot tell you the details ma'am. " She replied.

Not this one too. I already had difficulty coming here the second I heard he had accident now they are not letting me meet him. What should I do? I am already drained out of energy and all I did was cry this last few hours. I was broken completely whom can I really contact to meet him.

As I turned toward the exit I saw Alexia tapping her foot and watching the time. She too turned around and made her eye contact with me.

 "FInally you came. I was waiting for you." She sighed. "Now come with me." She started dragging me.

"What are you doing now?" I tried to stop her.

"Didn't you come here to meet Xavier?" She glared in my direction. I nodded.

"Then just come with me, he is in ICU now." 

"How is he now? " I dare ask in a low voice.

"Worse. Worse than ever." She had tears in her eyes.

"You know I loved him since I saw him for the first time in middle school and you know what he never recognized my existence. To make him acknowledge me I started becoming popular. I slept with anybody and everybody thinking I would be desired by everybody. I was desired but not by the person I wanted to. Then I started going to club and started getting involved with bad companions. I started drinking and sometimes I also used drugs. I was losing myself just to get the attention of someone who never felt my existence. "

"I was on the verge of losing my hope then my papa said I will marry him. I was in cloud nine and living my dream. But the sad part was I could not cope up with the habits I had. By the time I got everything, I was addicted to alcohol. I tried to hide it from everybody but my miscarriage revealed my dirty secret. He was never close to me, to begin with. It was that one weak moment that caught him getting me pregnant but he accepted it and what I did? I murdered my own happiness."

"Should I laugh on my fate or cry, Isabella? I am one selfish woman. To keep Xavier by my side I never saw his happiness, I never cared about his comfort. This got me his life, Isabella. This got me his life. In the last two months, I saw me in him. The same me I was twelve years ago. He was lost somewhere trying to get the attention of his loved ones. He has broken more than me Isabella an I am the reason he is there in the death bed."

"Promise me one thing Isabella once he opens his eyes you will never leave his sight. Don't worry I have already signed the divorce papers two weeks ago. The time Xavier will open his eyes he will not remain married anymore. Please take him, Isabella. He is lost without you. Only you can take him out of this misery. Please, Isabella." She fell on her knees crying hysterically pleading in front me. I nodded my head consoling her.

Who would have known Alexia had this side? Now I know what love can make you do.