32

Isabella POV

"They  found  John Travis."  Xavier announced as he cut the call. "He was boarding to Mexico. Police have asked me to come to the police station." Xavier rushed t gather his coat and car keys.

"I'm coming with you." I said.

"No, you are not. Please take care of yourself and Olivia until I come. alright?" He kissed on my forehead. I nodded.

"Will you please ask him about Alexia. I know she is missing out?" I asked Xavier.

"I will. Please don't stress alot." He shook my shoulder before leaving.

Not much long after Xavier's leave, the doorbell rang. But before I could approach the door with Olivia on my arms, Mama Rein opened the front door. 

"Hello. What can I help you with?" She asked.

"I want to talk with Isabella." I heard the most familiar voice. Why is he here afterall?

"Who are you I might ask?" She asked politely.

"Her... father." His voice trembled.

" You are her father? What do you want from my daughter afterall? Haven't you and your wife had enough of her? I can't allow you to talk with her."She spoke harshly and tried closing the door.

"Please, I have to talk to her. I have to apologize to her for all my deeds and confess how pathetic father I am to her." He sounded helpless.

I ran to the doors and saw him trembling on feet with tears on his eyes.

"Dad." I whispered.

"Isabella..." I muttered looking at me. "Please let me talk to you just for a minute." He pleaded joining his hands.

"Let him come, Mama." I asked Mama Rein. She let him in but not before glaring him with killing eyes.

"What do you want now dad? Is it another marriage scheme or your wife made?" I gritted my teeth.

"I know I did wrong to you baby girl but I came here to apologize to you." He said.

"Why now dad? WHere were you when my mother died? Where were you when I wanted a father figure to guide me? Where were you at my parent's meeting, my annual function, my birthdays, my graduation day? Where were you when I slept empty stomach at cold storeroom or when your wife and her daughters beat and bruised me? Where were you?" I started crying hysterically cursing his presence now.

"I'm sorry dear, I truly am but please hear me out once." I sobbed. "Olivia was my first love, my childhood crush and my wife. I was devastated when she had an accident and she died. That evening it was raining heavily and you were at playschool. I was in my office stuck in my work and insisted her not to go out of the house but she went to pick you up. Later that evening she met with the accident." He sobbed again.

"And you blamed for that stupid thing?" I shouted.

"I did not. I neglected to look after  you but I never blamed you." He voiced.

"You do. Somewhere inside your heart, you do even if you say you do not. I am your daughter dad, I am part of your wife and you. How could you do that to me?" I cried.

"I was fooled by Julia all the time. She brainwashed me against you, that bitch was nothing but money shark." He yelled.

"How did you get your brain back then?" I chuckled.

"She left me." He gritted his teeth.

"What?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"When you did not agree to marry Muller, he backed out from merger. I was already on the verge of insolvency but sooner than me he lost his company. Later the auditor found out about the corruption Julia was doing with my finance manager. I could not believe myself that I trusted such a person. I trusted her and not my own blood and now I am paying for it." He cried bitterly. "I am sorry Isabella. I am so sorry for everything." 

"Ths will be your punishment dad, you have to live rest of your life in guilt. I know your pleads are true and you are apologetic but I am not ready to accept any of these dad." He nodded understanding his defeat. 

"Is this your daughter?" He asked me looking at Olivia.

"Yeah." I replied. 

"She is just like your mother." He smiled sadly.

"Yes, even her name is Olivia." I answered.

"Can I carry her once?" He requested and I nodded giving him his granddaughter".

"Olivia..." He kissed her lightly. "I am your grandfather honey and I love you so much." His tears fell on Olivia's cheek.

I was mesmerized by this site and truly as much as I wanted to punish my father of all his deeds my heart was not accepting it. He was in love with his wife and Julia was the one who comforted him. He would surely listen to her more than his wife's murderer as his mind defines. If I did the mistake of keeping the grudge about my father then I could lose the remaining moment we could spend together. 

"Dad.." I whispered making him turn towards me. "I forgive you." He immediately engulfed me into the embrace.

"You are Olivia's daughter baby, You have it in your genes to forgive anyone. Thank you so much baby girl, thank you." He showered me with kisses and hugs making me giggle. 

Well, we have almost come to our ending as every character is getting its climax. Hope you all are enjoying the book and not disappointed about the role characters are being portraited.