Pastel

Logan was 19, a professor at a college. This was his first time working there, and everyone was about his age or older. Maybe even a year younger.

     Virgil was 18, a student at college who just graduated. This is also his first year there, and he is nothing like the other kids. He is bright pink, blue, yellow, all of the rainbow. He's a pastel. No one else was like him. And no one did like him.
     He walked into class and sat up the stairs in the far back. He sat in the back corner and someone sat next to him.
     Logan began roll call. "...Roman?"
     The guy next to Virgil called out. Roman?
     "Virgil?" Logan called.
     "Here!" His voice squeaked a little, but he pretended not to notice.
     Logan kept a remaining eye on him since he was the last person. He retracted his gaze and cleared his throat.
     Virgil noticed his gaze. He stood out. Of course he did. Everyone is dressed in normal everyday clothes. While he looked like a human pinatã.

     The bell rang and Virgil lingered in the classroom. He packed his binder and stood up. He noticed the teacher's glances.
     He didn't want to be rude, so he smiled at him. Logan blushed and looked back down at his papers.
     "I know, my clothes are a bit weird." Virgil said. "So your new here, right? I mean, I am too, but, your the new teacher."
     "I am.." he replied, looking up at him. "I'm 19. Usually they don't let people that young teach at a college, but, they said I had some exceptions."
     "You must be really smart then?"
     "I'd certainly like to think so." Logan chuckled slightly. "I still find it a bit weird when students, who are about my age, use my last name."
     "Well, what's your first name?" Virgil asked.
     "Logan."
     "Alright then, Logan, I have to head to my next class, passing period is almost over. I'll see you later though."
     "That shall be ideal." He smiled and blushed a bit as the pastel walked away.

     Virgil woke up and threw on a light blue jumper and white pants.
     He looked at the time and quickly grabbed his binder. He locked his dorm room door and ran down the hall to Logan's class.
     He panted in the doorway and everyone looked at him.
     Logan smiled. "Salutations, Virgil. Please take your seat."
     He nodded and walked up the steps to his seat in the back next to Roman. He looked at what the jock next to him had out and did the same.
     He sighed and paid attention to the front of the class. He looked at Logan, the sound draining around him. Sooner or later, he forgot all about the class.
     He got up when the bell rang and cursed himself for getting distracted.
     "Virgil? Is something wrong?" Logan asked after everyone poured out of the classroom.
     He sighed and walked down the steps. "Yeah.. I got distracted and didn't pay attention to the lesson."
     "I noticed."
     Virgil's head shot up. "Y-You did?"
     "Not to worry. It wasn't anything too important. But I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again."
     "Okay- w-wait, you?"
     Logan smiled at him. "Of course. It was I you were looking at, right?"
     "Uh- yeah.." he admitted. He gulped. "I'm gonna go to my next class."
     "I will see you later then?"
     Virgil smiled. "Yeah."

     "Agh!" Virgil paced around his room. "What is wrong?! What happened?! What did I do?!" It was the weekend, and Logan hadn't talked, or even glanced in his direction, since Tuesday.
     He thought that he must've done something. There had to be a reason he was being ignored by his professor.
     That was until someone knocked on his dorm door. He walked over and opened it to see him. Logan.
     He wanted to hug him. He didn't though. He thought it might be weird since they didn't have such a tight relationship.
     "Let me in before someone sees." He said, pushing past and closing the door.
     "Is something wrong?" He wanted to ask why he was ignoring him, but he decided against it.
     "Look, you can't tell anyone, but. I got a warning. Some kid reported seeing us talking and laughing in the classroom and our usual glances, and well, the principle said that if she sees it again, she will have me fired." He fiddled with his tie.
     "We're childhood friends. Tell her that." Virgil suggested.
     "I could.. but I don't have any proof."
     "Why would you need proof that you've been friends with someone for a long time?" He smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. "Look, if it happens again, just tell her that you can't just stop talking to an old friend after so many years of no contact with each other."
     Logan smiled a bit and hugged him. "Thank you. I'm sorry I've been ignoring you."
     "I'm here for you, Logan. And it's okay. I know your reasoning now." He blushed.
     They pulled away and Virgil fixed Logan's glasses. He smiled calmly and let out a little breath, not exactly a sigh.
     "Glad your captivated by my looks." The professor said.
     "Indeed I am." The pastel replied. "Indeed I am." He grabbed Logan and gently kissed him.
     And of course, the other couldn't help but do the same. He moved his hands to his hips.
     They backed up into the chair behind them. They fell with Virgil on Logan's lap, never breaking the kiss.
     Virgil was in his light blue knitted sweater and black shorts. Logan put a hand on his white thighs.
     They broke the kiss. "This is illegal, you know." Virgil mentioned.
     "I am fully aware."
     "You trust security that much?"
     "I won't tell if you won't."
     "Deal." Virgil said against his lips. He pushed them together.
     Logan put a hand up the sweater, his hands cold against the hot skin.
     "Don't blame me if you get fired."
     "I'll blame you." Logan winked. "I promise."
     Virgil rolled his eyes playfully and took off the other's glasses. "Of course you will."