The Play

REQUESTED BY Alakatazia
Sorry I haven't got to it sooner! Also, two of Thomas' friends have liked my comments on Instagram. Brittney and Dominic. And Dom actually replied too. It was awhile ago when he wanted animes on Netflix to be requested to him. So I requested Saiki K and OHSHC and he replied saying he'll check them out. I feel special☺

     "I am SO gonna ace this!" Roman said, throwing his fist in the air. "No way anyone did better than I!" He had just finished auditioning for the roll of Jeremy Heere in the musical Be More Chill. (Their school is recreating the play, so not the actual musical it's self.)
     Will admit, Roman did do a pretty good job. And since he's so full of himself, he thought so too.
     "Let's not get our hopes up now, Roman." Logan said, pushing up his glasses. "A lot of people auditioned for the leading roll. But I will admit, your acting and singing was not half bad."
     "Well of course it wasn't. It was flawless!"

     "Oh god, I-I'm never gonna get th-the roll.." Virgil complained.
     "Well of course you will! There is no one else in this school that can play the Squip as well as you!" Patton hugged his best friend in reassurance. "Just you wait, your gonna get the eoll, don't worry!"
     "I really ho-hope you get Michael M-Mell, Pat. I don't want any-anyone else to b-be smart enough to d-defeat me than you." Virgil pulled away.
     "Thanks Virge!" Patton gave a warming smile. "We'll see what happens. I'll see you tomorrow! Bye bye!"
     "See ya." He waved and watched him walk away before going the other way.
     He walked towards his english classroom to grab homework, when he got stopped.
     "Virgil Sanders!" The theatre teacher called. "I couldn't believe your preformance! You were so into character! I didn't think someone like you could pull off acting so well!" He smiled wide.
     "Uh.. th-thank you..?" Virgil couldn't tell if it was a compliment or an insult.
     "So, I have decided to grant you the roll early! I could tell right off the bat that you got the roll as The Squip!"
     "Wh-What? Really?! Wh-Why didn't you j-just wait till tomorrow?" Virgil had to tell Patton. He couldn't wait to tell him.
     "Because, I wanted you working on the script right away! Here you are!" She handed him the script and trotted away.
     Virgil completely forgot about his English homework and ran home.
     He grabbed his phone and called his best friend.
     "P-PATTON!"
     "Whoa buddy, calm down, what's up?" Patton chuckled.
     "I-I-I GOT THE ROLL AS SQ-SQUIP!" He breathed out, still running.
     "What?! No way!" Patton smiled wide. "But, uh, quick question. What are you doing?"
     Before he could answer, he entered his house yelling, "MOM!" And hanging up the phone.
     Patton laughed. "That answers my question."

     "What is it honey?" She peered her head around the corner from the kitchen.
     "I got the roll as-as the Squip!" Virgil held up the script.
     "Ah, sweetie! I'm so proud of you!" She brought her son into a big bear hug. "But, qhy did you get the script today? Don't you have to wait until tomorrow to find out?"
     "I d-don't know. Th-the theatre teacher ga-gave it to me today." Virgil smiled more.
     "Well, either way, I'm proud of you." She kissed his forehead and turned back into the kitchen. "I'm making sandwiches. You want one?"
     "Y-yes please." Virfil sat down at the counter.
     "Hey, I just got off the phone with your new therapist. He's going to help you with your stutter."
     Virgil messed with the ends of his sleeves and looked down. "Oh.. s-sorry..."
     "What? Don't be sorry! It isn't something you can control. And even so, the therapist might not be able to help, but that's okay. Still, it'll help if it were gone for the play." She turned around and handed him a sandwich, thinking about how the theatre teacher thought he was the best even with his stutter.
     "Th-thanks." He took the sandwich and bit into it.
     "After this, you should go practice your lines." She smiled at him.
     "O-Okay." Virgil said, getting into a lighter mood.