Chapter 28:

His Majesty Ning doesn't shirk responsibility after putting on the pants

Fang Tang didn't think the letters were fabricated by Grand Preceptor Xie, and explained a whole mess of his personal conjectures and reasons. In the end, he ended with a hateful tone. "This subject's certain that the Northern Hu would rather Supreme Commander be made into mincemeat."

Ning Xiaoyao sighed with feeling after hearing the history of old scores between Supreme Commander Lou and Northern Hu. "That's certain. Supreme Commander Lou even killed the supreme khan's father, so his enmity must be huge."

"This subject only hopes for the day that our Yongning generals can stomp Northern Hu's royal court flat and kill all those Man tribe thralls!" Fang Tang said viciously.

"... ..." said Ning Xiaoyao. This guy really had a grudge. He didn't just want to kill an entire family, but an entire tribe.

After he finished his hateful spiel, Fang Tang's face turned bitter again. "Your Majesty, how do we restore Supreme Commander's innocence?"

Ning Xiaoyao looked up at the skies in worry. "It really is a problem."

Fang Tang pushed open the doors to the Supreme Splendor Hall for Ning Xiaoyao and spoke with a voice filled with faith. "Your Majesty is wise and brilliant. This subject believes that Your Majesty can definitely do it."

Ning Xiaoyao looked serious as she nodded her head. "Let me think it over." Since the problem was already there, it just needed someone to solve it. Ning Xiaoyao rallied herself up to fight a round for that long-suffering orphan, Supreme Commander.

Currently, the Dragon Guards were sitting on mats on the courtyard before the palace rooms. When they saw Ning Xiaoyao, they hastened to rise and pay their respects.

"Eat," Ning Xiaoyao waved her hand. "Only fools refuse to eat when there's food. Fill yourselves up and have Lil' Big Bro Fang bring more if there isn't enough."

"... ..." said Fang Tang. He was a food deliveryman now? Also, just what the heck was Lil' Big Bro Fang?

Now that Ning Xiaoyao was full, she had the strength to treat others. She chose a few with severe injuries and touched a head here, patted a shoulder there, not batting an eyelid as she changed their serious wounds to minor ones. The Dragon Guards felt their injuries stop hurting, but none of them attributed it to something as supernatural as an ability. They only assumed that they were young enough to shoulder their injuries, and that Imperial Physician Gao had given them good medicine.

Lou Zigui remained in the audience hall of the palace, but didn't lie on the dragon bed. Instead, he was half-leaning, half-sitting in a long, narrow by the window. There was a mantou in his hand despite the fact that he had no appetite and didn't feel hungry. Still, he forced himself to eat. He had to make sure he recovered quickly because he had no time to waste treating his wounds. When Ning Xiaoyao pushed open the door and entered, Lou Zigui had just eaten half a mantou. The sight of her made him choke. Ning Xiaoyao surveyed Lou Zigui from the door and judged that he was no match for her currently. She straightened her chest and walked to the couch before greeting him as if no one else was there.

"Supreme Commander, is the mantou tasty?"

"... ..." said Lou Zigui. This girl still had the mood to talk about mantou with him?

Big Boss Black leapt off of Ning Xiaoyao's shoulder and onto the couch. He didn't dare touch Lou Zigui, but settled down as close to him as possible. The cats on the Wutong tree outside all raised a cheer.

One of them was a tiger-striped cat that Ning Xiaoyao had never seen before, who spoke in a genteel voice, "Boss finally has the chance to get intimate with Supreme Commander's fangze fragrance[1. fangze fragrance (芳泽) - scented hair oil used by women in former times.]."