Chapter 48: A way to deal with villains

Ning Xiaoyao walked out of the empress dowager's palace with her head held high and chest puffed out as she spoke to Shadowgale and the rest, who were still in a trance.

"Let me tell you guys, there's nothing scary about villains. There's only one way to deal with them, and that's bully, bully, and bully again. Make them too scared to act like villains, make them..."

Lou Zigui reached out a hand to muffle Ning Xiaoyao and said quietly, "Your Majesty must guard your tongue." Standing in front of the empress dowager's palace while ranting about bullying them? Any son or daughter who spoke of their mother this way was in for a bad end. Ning Xiaoyao only made a 'che' in response. Was she supposed to wait until the empress dowager bullied her instead? In your dreams.

Ning Xiaoyao's fuming made Lou Zigui unable to stop himself from pinching her puffed up cheeks. Quietly he said, "Your mouth is so wide that it looks like it's going to split open. Has Your Majesty gotten your hands on the Imperial Jade Seal?"

Ning Xiaoyao went ( ̄ ̄△ ̄;). Was she that easy to read?

"Let's talk about it in the Imperial Palace, hm?" Lou Zigui smiled as he pinched Ning Xiaoyao's dazed face again. Ning Xiaoyao covered her cheeks and glowered at Lou Zigui. What was he playing at? Lou Zigui coughed lightly and withdrew his hand. This little lady always made his hands itch to pinch her here and there. He never expected himself to act that way, either.

Shadowgale and the rest were still too lost in their trance to notice Supreme Commander Lou's 'defiance' against the sovereign. He'd smashed the empress dowager's doors, tore down her side chambers, and even angered her to the point of tears despite the fact that she'd reigned as an evil seductress in all her years as an imperial concubine. The Dragon Guards were still marveling at how manly His Majesty was!

The row of people arrived quickly at the foot of the stairs to the emperor's Imperial Palace. The little gyrfalcon flew out from the palace and landed on Shadowgale's shoulder, before chirping a few times at Ning Xiaoyao. "Xiaoyao, I put the Imperial Jade Seal on your bed. I even hid it beneath the covers~"

Ning Xiaoyao dug out some stir-fried from her pocket and said, "Little gyrfalcon, I'm treating you to these."

The little gyrfalcon abandoned his owner's shoulder for Ning Xiaoyao's and ate the tasty, crunchy beans directly from the palm of her hand. Shadowgale's feelings were mixed upon seeing his increasingly round gyrfalcon. If His Majesty kept feeding him like this, would he get too fat to fly? What would he do then?

High above the steps to the Imperial Palace, the two eunuchs flanking both sides saw the approaching group and hastened to bow. Lou Zigui followed behind Ning Xiaoyao to walk past the front courtyard and into the winding covered walkways. Only then did he say in a low voice, "Your Majesty, this subject is here and will definitely find a way to take care of the matter regarding the Imperial Jade Seal. This subject asks that Your Majesty refrain from putting yourself into danger."

"Ah?" Ning Xiaoyao was stupefied. Hadn't this person already guessed that she had the Imperial Jade Seal on hand? Why was he telling these things to her now? Did Supreme Commander have multiple personalities?

Lou Zigui bent down slightly and asked, "Your Majesty?"

"All, alright," Ning Xiaoyao could only reply.

Lou Zigui kept walking forward as he said, "Your Majesty needn't worry, this subject will find a way."

"Okay," Ning Xiaoyao scratched her head.

"I've already sent people outside the palace," Lou Zigui added. "The Imperial Jade Seal can't be in the palace."

Ning Xiaoyao scratched her palms, feeling that something was off. The walkway turned another corner, changing the scenery from a water scene to a copse of dense bamboo on both sides. Wind whistled gently through the bamboo plants and echoed down the walkway. While Ning Xiaoyao was standing still to look up at the bamboo, Lou Zigui took the chance to signal Shadowgale with his eyes. Shadowgale bowed and turned to leave. The gyrfalcon saw his owner depart, but thought it over before deciding to stay with Ning Xiaoyao and her yummy food. Thus, he stood on her shoulder without moving~