Chapter 43: The Imperial Jade Seal is very important

The stench of blood was still heavy within the palace. Two palace maids lay collapsed in front of a bed with their heads chopped off, the blood staining the floor in front of the bed a fresh red. Despite this, an infant's babbling cries came from the embroidered sheets. Empress Dowager Xie's mind turned completely blank at the sound. Grand Preceptor Xie hurried forward a few steps and lifted the covers aside, picking up the sleeping infant within.

"Who is he?" Empress Dowager Xie shouted. Grand Preceptor Xie carried the little infant to Empress Dowager Xie, who looked at the tiny, tubby white body wearing bright and beautiful brocade clothes. Her lip trembled twice before she cried out shrilly, "How does he dare? How did he dare to treat my son like this?!"

Let her little son stay in the same room as corpses? She'd just given birth to him, he was nothing but a baby!

In the midst of her anger, Empress Dowager Xie broke out into tears. She'd never felt so helpless in her life as this moment, nor had anyone done something so intolerable. Ning Yu, Lou Zigui. When Empress Dowager Xie thought of these two names now, she wished she could swallow them raw! Grand Preceptor Xie didn't dare hand Ning Xin into his daughter's hands, but ordered a mama to carry Empress Dowager Xie to the bed.

"There are dead people here," Empress Dowager Xie screamed at Grand Preceptor Xie. "Can't you see there's dead people here?!"

Grand Preceptor Xie bent over and said softly, "Do you want to move out of the empress dowager's palace? Lou Zigui would rather you move out this instant."

Empress Dowager Xie suddenly widened her phoenix eyes.

"Carry Esteemed Empress Dowager to bed," Grand Preceptor Xie straightened up and ordered. A few mama who'd been scared witless came forward and carefully helped Empress Dowager Xie lie down on the bed, not daring to look at the two corpses on the ground.

"Call for an imperial physician and clean this place up," Grand Preceptor Xie said. Immediately, a eunuch ran towards the Imperial Physician Courtyard, while the people left behind began to clear out the bodies and clean up. Grand Preceptor Xie walked in front of the window and prepared to open it, only to remember the pile of bodies outside. They reeked of blood that made one want to throw up, so he could only give up on the idea and ordered someone to light incense instead.

Very soon, the rooms were cleaned up. The imperial physician that hurried over couldn't even tell that two headless bodies used to lie at the foot of the bed. Empress Dowager Xie's broken leg was set in place, leaving her covered in sweat from the pain. Her hatred for her daughter and Lou Zigui increased by many folds yet again. Grand Preceptor Xie held onto Ning Xin as he waited by the side the entire time. When the physician, palace maids, and eunuchs all left, he placed Ning Xin by Empress Dowager Xie's side and sat down on a round stool in front of the bed.

"Lou Zigui tricked us," Empress Dowager Xie said.

"He slaughtered everyone in the empress dowager's palace, so how hard would it be to take away the prince as well?" Grand Preceptor Xie replied.

"Then why did he trick us with a fake child?" Empress Dowager Xie said angrily.

The Grand Preceptor sighed. "When Empress Dowager saw the prince, what were you thinking of?"

Empress Dowager Xie turned her head to look at Ning Xin by her side. It was a while before she replied. "Fear. Lou Zigui was telling This Dowager that he could kill the prince at any time."

Grand Preceptor Xie nodded his head. Perhaps the scent of his mother had soothed Ning Xin, because the baby gave a yawn while chewing on his finger before he fell asleep.