Chapter 92: His Majesty Ning sneaks into rescue at the Grand Preceptor's estate

While Ji Yuerong left with her team, Ning Xiaoyao put on a right and proper face mask from Supreme Commander Lou and prepared to head out. In the end, Ji Yuerong's only job was to cause a commotion at the Grand Preceptor's estate and attract their attention. Meanwhile, Ning Xiaoyao would sneak into the compound and "steal" away one Miss A'Xin. Lou Zigui looked at the valiant and dashing Ning Xiaoyao on her way out and thought he could still salvage the situation one more time.

Thus, Supreme Commander Lou asked, "Xiaoyao, you can have Shadowgale and the rest do things like this. Doesn't your magpie know the way?"

"But Shadowgale and the rest aren't doctors, ah," Ning Xiaoyao replied.

"Then we can have Imperial Physician Gao look after née Qin's injuries," Lou Zigui said.

"What if Imperial Physician Gao doesn't know what to do?" Ning Xiaoyao said as she tied up her sleeves. "Miss A'Xin's been tormented by the Xie Clan to the point that she's paralyzed and her face is ruined. Supreme Commander, aren't you afraid that General Qin will fall apart at the sight of Miss A'Xin like that?"

"Wouldn't he hate the Xie Clan all the more for that?" Lou Zigui asked.

"Whaa?" Ning Xiaoyao was about to leave, but Lou Zigui's words stopped her. She looked at him in disbelief. "So what you're saying is, you want to use Miss A'Xin's miserable plight to incite General Qin's feelings of revenge? Dang it, Supreme Commander. Do you think Miss A'Xin will want General Qin to see how she's changed beyond recognition?"

Supreme Commander Lou hadn't thought of it that way.

"Forget it," Ning Xiaoyao shook her head. "You're a bachelor, so you don't understand women. I'll forgive you because of that."

Ning Xiaoyao ran off like a streak of smoke with a fat black cat chasing after her heels. Supreme Commander Lou stood, depressed, in the walkway for a long time. Even if he could understand this Miss Ning, did that mean he understood all women? That didn't seem possible, right? Nothing about her was normal in the least!

"Supreme Commander," a Black Frost Cavalry general ran over just then. "The brothers are prepared."

Lou Zigui straightened out his clothes and murmured, "We'll go pick up Qin Xuan, then."

By the time Supreme Commander Lou had left with his men, Big Boss Black caught up with Ning Xiaoyao outside a stand. Even though Ning Xiaoyao had an important mission to do, she couldn't help stopping at the sight of the large, steaming meatbuns. She stared at them while swallowing her saliva and the urge to eat them.

"Miaow!" Big Boss Black darted up to Ning Xiaoyao's shoulders and smacked her with his paw. "Aren't you going to save someone?"

Ning Xiaoyao couldn't resist the temptation of meatbuns, and tossed out three copper coins so she could buy one to eat.

"What time is it already?" Big Boss Black cried, "You're still in the mood to eat meatbuns?!"

"I'm in the mood to eat meatbuns anytime. Meatbun skins, too. You want some?" Ning Xiaoyao waved the meatbun skin in her hands as she asked Big Boss Black.

Big Boss Black swiped his paw at Ning Xiaoyao again. If you're going to offer anything, offer the meat filling, you bastard!

Ning Xiaoyao stuffed the skin into her mouth and asked, "Speaking of which, why did you insist on following me, ah?"

"Because you're too much of a blockhead, so this cat has to tail you," Big Boss Black said, speaking with the particular arrogant air that all cats had.

Ning Xiaoyao wanted to toss him aside again.

Big Boss Black continued, "Forget about meatbuns. You have to remember that you still owe this cat five fish from our 10 fish agreement last time."