Chapter 79: Xiaoyao is a good emperor

"I gave Prince Zhi money because I wanted Song Jin to return to Anyuan. Prince Zhi is a man who loves money, so of course I need to cater to his tastes," Lou Zigui said before explaining his entire reasoning process, including why Song Jin couldn't simply leave the city by himself. As a resident of an apocalyptic era with no experience in crafty plots and machinations, Ning Xiaoyao was stunned. Why did a person have to take so many twists and turns just to deliver some money? And also, Little Song might risk death just by taking a simple trip home?

When Lou Zigui finished, he looked at Ning Xiaoyao's eyes and said, "Xiaoyao, do you understand my intentions now?"

Ning Xiaoyao blinked. Would her IQ be called into question if she said she didn't understand? She thought it over before replying, "Can we earn back the money we gave away?" Things like the reasons for collateral or going home were beyond her, but the money should be the most important point, right?

Lou Zigui nodded before he lowered his voice. "I'll get that money back."

Ning Xiaoyao released a breath. If that was the case, she wouldn't feel so pained.

"Everything else I said on the scene were all lies," Lou Zigui told Ning Xiaoyao next. "Xiaoyao, don't take it as the truth."

Ning Xiaoyao couldn't help but turn these words over in her head. What else did Supreme Commander say?

Lou Zigui leaned in closer to Ning Xiaoyao and murmured, "My father and brothers all died by the Northern Hu's hands. If I don't destroy them in my lifetime, I won't have any face to see them again."

Ning Xiaoyao went 'oh' and wanted to comfort Lou Zigui, but couldn't figure out how. In the end, she simply stuffed a red bean cake into his mouth and said. "Eat up." Eating sweets could improve a person's mood.

So she believes me? It's all right? As Lou Zigui ate the sweet red bean cake, he slowly sank down to sit next to Ning Xiaoyao. Then he carefully rested his hand over her own. When he saw that she didn't resist, Supreme Commander Lou simply grasped her entire hand. Ning Xiaoyao tilted her head to look at the person next to her. For some reason, she kept feeling like she'd missed out on something important he'd said before.

On the tree branch, Wheat said to Grandfather Sparrow, "So it's that easy to talk to Xiaoyao, chirp~"

Ning Xiaoyao next asked Lou Zigui, "Do the Northern Hu have any connections with birds?"

Supreme Commander Lou was still nursing a guilty conscience, so he thought over Ning Xiaoyao's question before answering, "The Northern Hu believe in the Wolf God, so they have nothing to do with birds."

Ning Xiaoyao shook her head. If the Northern Hu had nothing to do with birds, then what was all that nonsense about 'a drawn bow needs a flying bird to shoot?' And that stuff about bows, too. If there weren't any birds in the air, who'd bother carrying a bow on their backs in the first place? Just what was the connection between that phrase and the Northern Hu? Ning Xiaoyao found that this question was too mysterious for her to solve. (Author: Illiteracy kills, ah. o(╯□╰)o )

"Why did you ask about that of all things?" Lou Zigui asked.

Ning Xiaoyao looked up at Wheat in the branches. Did he hear the wrong thing? Wheat simply chirped at Ning Xiaoya again. The red bean cake is sooo delicious~

Ning Xiaoyao silently filed away the fact that Wheat liked eating red bean cake before asking Lou Zigui, "Then did Prince Zhi agree for Song Jin to go along?"

Lou Zigui nodded.

"Then everything's good," Ning Xiaoyao decided not to think about this anymore. In any case, she didn't understand it and questions seemed useless when she couldn't fathom Supreme Commander's answers. Lou Zigui finally withdrew the hand behind his back and extended it to Ning Xiaoyao. The oilpaper package in his palm was still sealed shut.