Chapter 47: His Abominable Majesty

Big Boss Black jumped onto the second carved wooden flower, which was a remarkably lifelike depiction of a cotton rose hibiscus, and sank down on the switch. There was a click from the bed before a sunken area appeared beneath the sheets.

"Take the Imperial Jade Seal and go," Grandpa Ash directed Big Boss Black to work.

Big Boss Black pushed aside the sheets and saw the Imperial Jade Seal box in the secret compartment beneath. Big Boss Black wanted to pick it up in his mouth, but his mouth was too small to hold onto the seal. Then he wanted to pick it up with his paws, but it was too heavy. Grandpa Ash stuck his whiskers upwards and said hatefully, "You're useless!"

"....." said Big Boss Black. How he wanted to eat this old grandpa mouse!

Chubby Yellow and Little White came into the room just then, bringing along a few of their kitty friends. Big Boss Black saw his strong and sturdy companions and said softly, "Miaow, get to work."

The various cats used their mouths, heads, and paws to get the Imperial Jade Seal box out of the secret compartment. Then they moved it off the bed and to the window. The little gyrfalcon was waiting on the ledge. He wrapped his claws around the ring on top of the Imperial Jade Seal box and flew into the air with the box in his grip.

"Avoid being seen by the humans!" Grandpa Ash jump onto the window ledge and shouted.

The little gyrfalcon softly called back before flying low towards the corner of the walls. Under the cover of a flock of magpies, he crossed over the wall. All of the eunuchs guarding the empress dowager's bedroom were focused on the commotion at the side room, so they didn't notice a thing when a flock of birds flew silently over their heads.

"All right," an old crow perched on a roof said to its companion. "These idiots didn't catch what the little gyrfalcon and the rest did, so there's no need for us to poop in their eyes."

The other crows all began to caw in unison. There was no helping these group of stupid humans, was there?

"Don't make a racket," the old crow's black feathers gleamed beneath the sunlight as he spoke in a sinister tone. "When Supreme Commander kills them all, we'll eat them all, caw!"

"......" said the cats and mice still in the bedroom. Had these crows gotten addicted to the taste of human corpses?

When the leader of the eunuchs heard the crows cawing from the roof, he hastily threw some rocks at them to chase them away. Yesterday the air had been covered in crows when the empress dowager's palace was littered with corpses, just like a scene from a nightmare. The bodies had been taken out of the palace already, so why were these crows still dropping by?! The crows kept cawing as they flew to the skies, while the leader of the eunuchs cursed them from the ground. "Scram! Abominable crows!"

"Stupid humans!" the crows cawed back.

Taking advantage of the arguments between crow and man, Big Boss Black led his companions to jump out the window and disperse. Grandpa Ash took Oil Jar and the other little mice to smooth out the empress dowager's bed sheets before shutting the window from the inside. Then they all climbed up to the rafters and dispersed as well. When the crows saw that the mice had left, they evacuated the airspace above the empress dowager's palace as well.

Over at the side room, Wifey Magpie spotted the crows leaving and told Xiaoyao, "Xiaoyao, they've all left. Let's retreat as well?"

Ning Xiaoyao had a bitter expression on her face. She was currently besieged by the eunuchs of the empress dowager's palace on all sides. It didn't seem like she could just dust off her robes and leave, especially when the empress dowager looked like she'd gone crazy.