Chapter 64: His Majesty piggybacks Supreme Commander to see the sunrise

"Your Majesty shouldn't forget," Lou Zigui said, "Yongning doesn't just include the six provinces of Anyuan and a single Black Frost Cavalry, but also the vassal lords and their official salaries..."

"Stop," Ning Xiaoyao squatted on the ground and pulled up a few fistfuls of grass before deciding to accept the truth. She was still a pauper in tons of debt. Lou Zigui felt his face turn hot after asked Ning Xiaoyao for money and even detailing the expenses. He felt ashamed at what he just did. He'd actually asked a girl for money! The shock of such a hit against Supreme Commander Lou was impressive.

Early morning light shone past the peaks to illuminate the dusky valley. The damp air in the gorge began to grow warm as Ning Xiaoyao remained squatting and pulling up grass. Lou Zigui stood there as if in a daze. Big Boss Black had just filled his stomach with a few bird eggs when he ran over for a look and saw neither of the pair talking. In the end, he ran off once more. Ning Xiaoyao had finished pulling up all the grass around her when she leaped to her feet to stare at Lou Zigui. Supreme Commander Lou was used to acting tough in front of others, but still couldn't help his embarrassment this time. He turned aside to stare at the cliffs beside them.

Ning Xiaoyao jumped to pat Lou Zigui's shoulder and said, "There's nothing to worry about. Isn't it just money in the end? Before today, I didn't have a single copper coin to my name. Didn't I end up with half a room full of gold and silver all the same?"

Lou Zigui looked back at Ning Xiaoyao. Five minutes ago, she'd been despondent, but now she was full of life once again. She waved her two skinny arms and said, "I'm properly proud of being a pauper."

These words didn't sound quite humane to Supreme Commander Lou's ears.

Ning Xiaoyao lifted her head to look at the high cliffs above them. "Supreme Commander, want to see the sunrise?"

"What?" Because they'd switched topics too quickly, Lou Zigui couldn't keep up.

Ning Xiaoyao crouched in front of Lou Zigui before reaching back to pull him forward. By the time her little body straightened up, she was piggybacking Supreme Commander Lou. "Hold on tightly to me. I'll take you up the mountain to see the sunrise."

His Majesty Ning grabbed onto some rocks that were sticking out and began to scale the cliff. Lou Zigui was completely flummoxed by what was going on. By the time he recovered his senses, he'd discovered that they were already halfway up the cliff.

"You," Lou Zigui suffered another blow when he realized a girl was piggybacking him up the mountain. But just when he made to get off of Ning Xiaoyao, her hand slipped off a protruding rock.

"Hey hey, don't move," Ning Xiaoyao quickly grabbed onto a different rock as she shouted at Lou Zigui. Now Supreme Commander Lou didn't dare to budge. He was a general who rode horses, but he knew his lightness techniques weren't sufficient to carry Ning Xiaoyao up this nearly 30 meter tall cliff.

Below them, Big Boss Black opened his lungs to shout, "Ning Xiaoyao, you ninny, do you want to die early? Are you trying to commit suicide with Supreme Commander? Meowmeowmeowmeowmeow!"

"Shut up!" Ning Xiaoyao yelled.

"Let go of my Supreme Commander!" Big Boss Black shouted, "Please let him go!"

Ning Xiaoyao didn't want to talk to that crazy fancat anymore. Big Boss Black's abnormal cries attracted the attention of all the people at work. They ran over to the source of the noise.

Fang Tang said, "What's wrong with this cat? Is it in heat because the sun's come out? He..." Young General Fang's words died in his throat as his eyes followed the gaze of others to look at the cliff. The scene before them all seemed a little unreal. Was His Majesty piggybacking their Supreme Commander while scaling the cliffs?