Chapter 46: If you can't beat them up, then tear down the house

"Open the doors!" Ning Xiaoyao said as she knocked on the gates. A young eunuch ran like the wind to the empress dowager and Grand Preceptor, who were currently together in a room. Because he was too nervous, he ended up rolling and crawling his way there as well.

The little gyrfalcon flew up for a look before returning to Ning Xiaoyao. "Xiaoyao, someone's gone off to report to the empress dowager."

How could they search for the Imperial Jade Seal if the Xie father and mother pair had time to prepare in advance? Ning Xiaoyao signaled Big Boss Black and the little gyrfalcon to split up before murmuring, "You guys go find Grandpa Ash. I'll go in and attract their attention. We'll meet up again at the Imperial Palace."

Big Boss Black brushed his tail against Ning Xiaoyao's face before leaping to the ground. Then he followed the perimeter of the palace walls and headed south. The gyrfalcon circled around Ning Xiaoyao's head before flying into the palace.

"Open the doors!" Ning Xiaoyao began to pound at the gates again once she saw her companions off.

A gatekeeper eunuch ran to the gates then and said, "Your, Your Majesty?"

"I've yelled for half the day now," Ning Xiaoyao said, "Didn't any of you hear? How many other 'Your Majesties' are there in this palace?"

The eunuch in charge said, "A servant's gone to report to Esteemed Empress Dowager. Since Your Majesty suddenly showed up, the servants..."

"Shoot!" Ning Xiaoyao shouted. "I'm here to see my mom, do I need to make a phone call for that?"

The eunuchs behind the gates fell silent. What was 'making a phone call?' And also, 'I'm here to see my mom?' Your Majesty, would you believe it yourself if you heard those words? The empress dowager's people had just been exterminated recently!

"Are you guys opening the gates or not?" Ning Xiaoyao asked.

Without Empress Dowager Xie's command, who would dare to open the door? The eunuch in charge bowed his head and bent forward as he shouted towards the door, "Your Majesty, may Your Majesty please wait shortly, Esteemed Empress Dowager..."

Ning Xiaoyao raised her foot and viciously kicked the gates.

BANG!

Following the loud noise, dust rose from four sides. Some people jumped up into the air with a shrill cry, while others were transfixed with fear. Ning Xiaoyao had kicked the empress dowager's gates straight to the ground. There was no time for the head eunuch to run away, so he was crushed beneath the doors with a few other eunuchs. He was even crying for help. Ning Xiaoyao wasn't someone who ignored people in trouble, and raised her foot for another kick. The gates were sent flying towards the stairs outside the door where there was nobody else. The black copper gates went tumbling down a few dozen steps before breaking into pieces, completely ruined. Nobody in the empress dowager's palace cried out this time, too stunned by the sight. His Majesty's actually an exceptional expert, isn't he? That had to be it?!

Ning Xiaoyao knelt down and touched the fallen people, discovering in the process that they had been quite fortunate. The toppled gates hadn't caused them any internal injuries. Since their injuries weren't life-threatening, Ning Xiaoyao didn't help heal them. She still had to deal with a group beating later, so she had to preserve her strength.

"Go see a doctor; have the empress dowager pay for your medical expenses," Ning Xiaoyao left them with another unintelligible sentence before running into the palace. It was impossible for Empress Dowager Xie to miss the loud, repeated commotion at the gates from her side chambers. She lost it right then and there as she slapped her hand against the tea table and shouted.