Chapter 45: The omnipotent Grandpa Ash

On this early morning, Ning Xiaoyao and Big Boss Black basked in the warmth of the spring sun as they lay in Supreme Commander's lap and by his feet, respectively, to take a nap.

Shadowgale had spent half the day searching through his rooms before asking Shadowthunder and the rest, "Where are the snacks that I brought back from the kitchens?"

Shadowthunder and the rest shook their heads. Their senior liked to eat sickeningly sweet things, but none of them were fond of that.

"Did those snacks grow legs and run off?" Shadowgale grew worried. Had any of the Xie father and daughter's people snuck in? The gyrfalcon that had just landed by the window clapped his wings and flew away after he heard his owner shouting for his snacks. He already gave the Sweet Rice Crispies to Xiaoyao! The rest of them ended up in Erya and Xiaoqiu's stomachs by noon. The little gyrfalcon circled around the palace gates once before telling Ning Xiaoyao that the Grand Preceptor had brought five or six doctors with him to the palace.

Ning Xiaoyao curled her lips. These had to be the doctors who were going to diagnose her as insane.

"Xiaoyao, does Supreme Commander have any ideas?" The gyrfalcon asked as he perched on her shoulder.

"Supreme Commander and I should probably each do our own thing," Ning Xiaoyao sat bonelessly against the Wutong tree. "It's fine as long as we have a common enemy, this is called 'painting a picture with two brushes at the same time,' hahaha."

"Ninny." Big Boss Black turned his body as he gnawed on a giant raw fish head, leaving his butt to face Ning Xiaoyao. This ninny was still laughing at a time like this. If they couldn't find the Imperial Jade Seal, then it'd be her time to cry.

"I've thought it over," Ning Xiaoyao said. "Even if the empress dowager takes out the Imperial Jade Seal when the time comes, I won't be afraid of her."

Big Boss Black quickly turned around in a circle to face Ning Xiaoyao again and cried, "Are you going to bite the empress dowager to death?"

"You shut your mouth," Ning Xiaoyao rolled her eyes at Big Boss Black as she picked up a big rock. When she raised a hand to slap the rock, it turned into a pile of dust.

"Oh!" All of the little animals that were present sucked in a breath. Xiaoyao was so amazing!

"When the time comes, I'll grab onto the empress dowager's hand and slap the Imperial Jade Seal into nothing." If Ning Xiaoyao had a tail, then it'd be sticking in the air by now. "Will the empress dowager have any other ideas without the imperial jade seal? I've asked Supreme Commander, and he said that seal's made from jade. Is jade as hard as rock? Once it's reduced to nothing, I'll carve a new seal out of wood."

If she couldn't carve it out of a radish, then there shouldn't be any problems with wood, right? Ning Xiaoyao had already made her calculations. Zombies weren't breaking the laws when they bit people, while crazy people didn't lose their lives after murdering another person. If she was already classified as insane, then why did she need to fear the empress dowager?

"Oh!" All of the little animals were cheering. Xiaoyao was amazing!

"It's not good to form cults around one person, haha," Ning Xiaoyao laughed. She was such a blockhead for worrying over something so simple.

"Idiot!"

In the midst of Ning Xiaoyao's delight and the little animals' cheer, a shrill, thin, yet incomparably awe-inspiring voice rose from the flower gardens. Everything fell silent. Ning Xiaoyao looked towards the direction of the sound and saw Oil Jar. Next to him was a very skinny old mouse with extremely long whiskers. Oil Jar signaled to Ning Xiaoyao with his eyes. Ancestral Grandfather is angry, hurry up and admit your wrongs!