Chapter 91: Cruelty, fulfilling true love

How could they tolerate something like this? Ning Xiaoyao wanted to fight Lou Zigui, but he simply picked her up until her feet were off the ground.

"Xiaoyao," he said softly, "If you take née Qin out of the Grand Preceptor's estate, Xie Wenyuan will send assassins after Qin Xuan right afterwards."

"Whaa?" Ning Xiaoyao exclaimed. "Then I'll kill off that old geezer first!"

Because it was the middle of the night, Ning Xiaoyao's shout brought the Dragon Guards and Fang Tang with his men all running.

"It's fine," Lou Zigui told the crowd. "You can all withdraw."

"Rob and plunder his house, mmph--" Ning Xiaoyao's lips were muffled by Supreme Commander Lou's hand once again.

"Be good," Supreme Commander Lou said as he carried off Ning Xiaoyao. Fang Tang stared at his Supreme Commander's retreating form, then at His Majesty's legs kicking in the air.

"Supreme Commander looks like he's raising a son," young General Fang sighed with feeling. The general standing next to him smacked him upside the head. This guy, he never thinks before he speaks! What kind of subject treats the emperor as their son? Does he want to condemn Supreme Commander to death!?

"I'm only joking," Fang Tang rubbed at his aching head with a brilliant smile. "Supreme Commander's age doesn't match with His Majesty, right?" His Supreme Commander wasn't old enough to have a child as old as His Majesty yet.

"........" said everyone else. This guy is really a dimwit. No wonder he was a "hero" bold enough to charge into the palace and cause His Majesty to faint away.

At the end of the covered walkway, Ning Xiaoyao was making an uproar. "If you don't let go of me, I'll bite you!"

Lou Zigui sat with Ning Xiaoyao on a banister and said, "Do you want to force the Xie Clan to raise their troops and revolt?"

"They can revolt all they like," Ning Xiaoyao snarled, "I'm not afraid!" She'd risked her life in fights against zombies before, so what was an old man and his rebellion?

"Remember, once war starts, many people will die," Lou Zigui held onto Ning Xiaoyao without letting go. "Suppose the Northern Hu take that chance to invade while Yongning's fighting amongst itself? Xiaoyao, even though you want to help née Qin and Qin Xuan, you have to make sure they can live first, right?"

"........" said Ning Xiaoyao. She couldn't do as she liked anymore!

"Endure it for one more night," Lou Zigui said, "Once Qin Xuan's safety is assured, we can bring out née Qin."

Ning Xiaoyao sat huffily on Lou Zigui's legs before she finally said, "You said it yourself, just one more night. No matter what I do tomorrow, you're not allowed to stop me."

"Alright," Lou Zigui agreed. Winning Qin Xuan over to their side would mean breaking off the Xie Clan's path to riches in Jiangnan. Why would he stop her for that?

"First it's Qin Xuan here, then Qin Xuan there," Ning Xiaoyao tilted her head to look at Lou Zigui. "Why do I feel like you think General Qin's more important than Miss A'Xin?"

If it was up to Lou Zigui to choose, Qin Xuan would always be more important than Qin Xin. Even if Qin Xin couldn't survive the night and died in the Grand Preceptor's estate, the commander of the Jiangnan navy would still be Qin Xuan. In terms of importance, was there any other choice? Despite thinking this way, Lou Zigui didn't voice his thoughts aloud. Neither did his expression reveal anything. He simply whispered in Ning Xiaoyao's ear, "They're both important."