Prolouge

I'm excited for this story that includes some of my favorite super natural beings. I'm a little nervous to take this on and hope I can make these characters floating around in my head come to life.

Please know this is my own work and any similarities to other stories is purely coincidental. With that said, please do not copy my work. ~

The vampire delighted at the screams coming from the human female. Her skin a ghostly gray as he drained her of her blood and life force. Her husband already dead, lay close by. The vampire reveled in the chaos he created. The taste of blood and death gave him a euphoric sense of power.

With a sadistic grin, he licked at the females blood dripping down his chin. He watched as her veins began to bulge and turn black, his venom poisoning her and drawing out her pain. With one last breath she screamed out and then she was gone.
It was a shame really she had been rather attractive. Now she was nothing but a pitiful corpse.

He had enjoyed watching the couple and their child, as they walked home from the park. He had always found human relations intriguing. Why did humans go to such lengths for love and companionship when they all had such short meaningless lives. To watch as the ones they cared for die. For they all died eventually one way or another.

Yes, humans were peculiar to him in that regard. And yet... it made the sport of hunting them that much more exciting. When you had lived as long as he, there really wasn't all that much to be excited about anymore. One might suppose, that it was similar to a cat playing with a mouse.

Hearing tiny sobs, the vampire turned toward the sound. He had nearly forgotten the human child. He called out to her, even though he could smell her sent and knew exactly where she had hidden. He did enjoy hide and seek as much as children. Though... perhaps his version was deadlier.

He found the girl hiding behind the sofa and pulled her up by her dark curly hair. She kicked and scratched at him, all the while screaming for him to let her go. He chuckled playfully. "Now child, if you stop fighting me, which won't do you any good, I'll make this quick and painless as possible." He spoke darkly. He loved a child's blood the most. It was light and sweet, and tasted of pure innocence. Holding her off the ground he slowly sunk his sharp canines into her delicate neck. As he drained her delectable life blood, she still fought his hold on her. Though she might as well have been a tiny sparrow, for all the good it did. This amused him somehow.

Just as the vampires venom began to flow into the human child, he heard angry shouts outside the families home. Pulling from her neck, he sniffed the air. He could smell many humans gathering. Someone must have heard the families cries of agony as he feasted. He was not worried about the humans, they would never stop him. He did find himself to be contentedly full after such a plentiful meal, and decided to conclude his meal with the human family.

While he was momentarily distracted by the approaching humans, the vampire felt sharp little teeth sink into the flesh of his hand. He instantly dropped the girl to the floor. His own dark blood dripped from his hand, where the girl had pierced the skin with her blunt human teeth.

He liked the tenacity of the child. He considered for a moment, turning her. He wouldn't mind having a little pet. Finally deciding against the urge, he left her where she lay with her dead mother and father. For a small child would never survive such blood loss let a lone his powerful venom.

The vampire disappeared into a shadowy mist just as the front door was broken down by the angry mob, leaving a grisly scene for them to find. As the horror of that night was imprinted upon the minds of all those who were there to witnesses the aftermath of the brutal vampire attack, nothing left a chill quite like the sound of the dark laughter of the vampire, as he drifted into the night without a trace.