Ch 2 - Shot and Teased Pt.2

-The next morning-

I wake up before Ariana and she's still tightly snuggled up against my chest, with her arms wrapped around my waist.

Poor girl must be so tired, she's told me how she has trouble sleeping, but no matter the amount of sleep she gets, she always puts on a cheerful face for her fans and the public.

I suddenly felt my stomach rumble and I looked over at the clock to see that it was about 9:30am. I carefully removed Ariana from my body and replaced my chest with a pillow for her to cuddle, and she instantly tightened her grasp on the fabric, snuggling it. She looked so cute that I felt bad leaving her, however, I'm hungry and so my stomach comes first right now.

After quickly getting dressed and making myself representable, I picked up my phone to see a message from my sister Layla:

Layla: Y/N please don't freak out, but mom is in the hospital. I found her at home passed out on the floor. Apparently she found where we hid the liquor. The doctors told me that it was good that I found her, because she was suffering from alcohol poisoning. I know you just flew out to Florida to go with Ariana to her next event, so don't worry I'll handle her. I just wanted to let you know thou.

I almost dropped my phone. Our mother has been dealing with severe depression since her dad died a couple months ago and she took up being an alcoholic, which has landed her in the hospital multiple times. She keeps saying that she will stop, but she's become dependent on the substance and drinks herself till she can't think, walk, or sometimes even talk. It's a problem that Layla and I have been trying to fix for the past 3 months, yet we've had no luck...

I felt my blood beginning to boil from both pain and sadness. I quickly texted my sister back, thanking her for letting me know and I left Ariana a note telling her to take my stuff back to her house with her when she wakes up and that I'll meet her there sometime later today.

-Around 5:30pm-

Thinking back on it, I probably should have told Ariana that I didn't leave because of what happened last night, but I shrugged it off. Even if I told her that it was because of family issues she probably would have thought I was lying in hopes of not hurting her feelings.

It was pouring outside and I had decided to walk, even though I had money to get a cab, I felt more at peace with the rain hitting my skin. I was still trying to recover from my sisters words. Seeing my mother drink herself almost to death has taken a toll on my mental health over the past few months. It's hard to see someone who used to be so strong and independent turn into a broken depressed nightmare. Layla and I did our best to support each other, however, it was getting to much for me. I checked my phone to see that it was already 6pm, shit I need to get back. When I reached Ariana's gates to her house, I pushed the buzzer and Frankie's voice came through.

Frankie: yeah who is it?

You: It's Y/N can you let me in please?

Frankie: oh my god Y/N where have you been? Everyone's been worried about you?!

You: Nothing bad, I'm okay, I-I just rather not talk about it..

Frankie: Well I'm glad to hear your okay, and yes please come inside!

You: Thank you

I hear a clicking noise and the gate unlocks and begins to slide open. I make my way up the drive way and once at the front door, I took a deep breath before opening it.

"Y/N!"

I look up to see Frankie and he seemed sad, yet also happy.

"Your soaked! Here take this towel" he quickly hands me a kitchen towel and I'm able to at least dry off my face.