Ch. 11 - Two Seconds

A/n:
This imagine is not like the usual. It's more heartfelt. I hope you all still enjoy!

GxG

It's said that it can take just two seconds to fall in love.

Well, then let me be the first to have done it in just one.

It took me just one smile, one whiff of her perfume, one dress, one laugh, one look into her beautiful brown eyes to know that she is my everything.

The very first thing I noticed, was her laugh, as she walked into the coffee shop that early morning. I quickly turned and met the most gorgeous women I've ever laid my eyes on. Her black knee-high dress and heels, complimented her tiny body perfectly. Her long golden brown hair glazed over her shoulder and down her back in elegance.

She smiled at me warmly, and I felt her eyes scan my body. When our eyes connected, it was like time froze and everyone and everything around us disappeared.

Neither of us said a word, as our eyes told each other everything we needed to know. At that second, we both fell for each other.

However, that all happened exactly six years ago today...

Not a word was exchanged that day, and every day since that moment, I have spent regretting my actions.

One word, was all it would have taken. But neither of us could break eye contact to do so. And before either of us was ready, our moment was shattered by her friends yelling at her.

Ariana Grande. That was her name. I searched for her on every social media site I could find, but it always ended with disappointment. Was she even real? I ask myself that question everyday. Maybe the women I saw that day was just my mind playing tricks on me.

No. She had to be real. Is what I'd tell myself. However, I slowly began to lose hope and confidence as days became months, and months turned to years.

I've spent every morning before work at the same coffee shop. Hoping, that I'd see her again, but I finally decided that today would be the last day. If she didn't show today, then I'd stop this crazy pursuit. Somehow I felt like today would be different. I woke up, filled with hope and excitement, confident that she'd show.

However, as usual, she never did...

That night, I decided to go out to a bar after work. It's the end of the week, so I figured why the hell not. I needed to do something other than sit at home and sulk about this mystery women, even if a bar wasn't the best idea.

A couple hours and beers later, I was feeling a little better, but no where near healed. Unfortunately, I've had like four beers, and barely even feel buzzed. I check my phone to see that it's almost 2am. Have I really been sitting here for that long? Oh well, might as well head home.

I leave a twenty dollar bill on the table, as I put on my coat and throw my handbag over my shoulder. I exit the bar and begin my long walk home.

I take a slight detour to the coffee shop. I've never seen it at night and figured that if this was the last time I was ever gonna see it, then I wanna do it now, while there's no one around to judge me, a women in her mid twenties, standing outside a coffee shop, lookin longingly inside.

I turn another corner and see the giant shop sign in the distance. When I get to the front of it, all of the lights are off and the chairs are stacked on top of the tables. It's weird, seeing the usually busy store, dark and completely lifeless.

"I give up. I'm done searching." I tell myself out loud.

"What are you done searching for?" A unknown voice says from behind me.

I quickly jump around, startled to have not heard or realized that anyone else was around. After, taking a second to slow my heart rate down. I look up to see who had spoken, and my brain mentally explodes.

There she was. The woman I had been searching for, for the past six years, is now standing in front of me.

We make eye contact and it's just like the first time. Her eyes widen, when she realizes who I am, and I can feel tears begin to build up in my eyes. I see hers become a little glossy too and I feel at a loss for words.

No. I refuse to let her walk out of my life again. I need to talk to her.

It takes everything I have to not cry and to speak, but when I do, I say the one word that I wished I'd said the first time we locked eyes.

"Hey"

It took me only one second to know we were meant to be, but just two to almost lose her forever.

The End <3

It only takes a couple seconds to lose what you could have loved.

So, if you have the opportunity to love, do it, before it's too late.

#Loveforall 🖤