Ch. 12 - Bad Weather

GxG

Ariana's POV:

I'm sitting in the living room of my apartment in New York, currently waiting for my girlfriend to get home. She was supposed to be home almost half an hour ago, and I'm started to get worried. It's storming outside and I'm absolutely terrified of Thunder.

Speaking of it, I see another flash of Lightning strike in the sky and then a few seconds later a huge boom, making me jump from the couch and into my dogs bed. Myron and Toulouse give me a what the fuck look, before readjusting themselves and falling back asleep.

They're so lucky, I wish I was like them, not giving a care about this storm.

BOOOM!

I don't know how much more of this I can take.

"Y/n please get home soon..."

Y/n's POV:

"Thank you for the ride" I say to my co-worker.

"No problem, let me know if you'll need one tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't get you home sooner, but you know our boss." She says, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, it's okay. Thanks again, and I'll totally let you know. See you tomorrow!" I tell her.

Once I'm inside and out of the rain, I check my watch.

"9:37pm. Shit, Ariana must be panicking like a mother fucker."

I know she hates thunderstorms, and I knew that there was one forecasted for tonight. So, I tried to get home as soon as I could, but right as I was about to leave, I noticed my car had a flat tire. Thankfully, one of my co-workers was able to give me a lift, but I had to wait an extra half hour before we could even leave.

It's been storming for about two hours now. I have no idea how I'll find Ariana. All I know, is that it won't be good.

After multiple flights of stairs, I finally reach our apartment. I shuffle through my purse as quickly as I can, tryin to find my keys.

I finally manage to find it, but not until I've dumped the contents of my bag onto the floor.

Here goes nothing.

I slide the key into the door handle and swiftly unlock and slowly open the door.

"Ariana?"

Nothing.

I quickly remove my shoes and coat and make my way to the living room.

"Babe?" I call out again.

Still no answer.

I check around the living room, then the kitchen, office, guest room, even the balcony and still nothing.

Well there's only one room left I can check.

I enter our bedroom and my first instinct is to look on our bed. However, I find it untouched.

"Ariana, baby, where are you?!" I shout.

I hear barking come from our bathroom and then a Myron and Toulouse erupt into the bedroom.

"Hey boys, how are you doing? Did you miss me?"

They jump around, there tails waging like crazy as I pet them.

"Where's mama? Huh? Were you protecting her?" I ask them.

Myron barks at me again, then runs back into the bathroom.

When I open the door I find my baby girl, curled up with a pillow, shaking violently in our oversized bathtub.

"There you are"

I expected her to jump outta the tub and come running to me, but instead she remained where she was. Not even phased by my presence.

"Babe?" I walk over to the tub and notice just how bad she's shaking and that her face is covered in tear lines of makeup. Her skin has also turned quite pale, almost as if she hasn't seen the light of day in months.

"Hey baby, I'm here, calm down, look at me." I tell her, and run my hand in small circles along her back.

She finally begins to turn her head and when she makes eye contact with me, tears begin falling down her face again.

"Y-Y/n" She says.

"Yes baby, I'm here, you don't need to be afraid anymore."

"Y/n I-I-" She doesn't even finish her sentence before wrapping her arms tightly around my body and nuzzling her face into my neck.

"I was s-so scared." She says, not moving from her position.

"I know baby, I know. I did my best to get home as fast as I could."

"W-Why were you la-ate?" She asks.

"Flat tire. I'm sorry I couldn't be here sooner. Come on let's get you outta this tub and in bed."

"O-Okay" She says.

Ariana's POV:

I don't even remember when I moved into the bathroom, but none of that matters now. Y/n is home and she knows just how to calm me down.

"Come on babe, let me carry you" She says.

I do my best with her help to get out of the tub and then Y/n picks me up and carries me into our bedroom.

"Here baby." She says and sets me gently down on our bed.

"T-Thank you"

"Are you cold? Your skin felt frozen" she says.

I shake my head yes and she quickly rummages through her closet for a sweatshirt.

"Here, arms up" she tells me and helps me into the oversized piece of clothing.

I instantly feel more at ease and warm with smell of Y/n's sweater on me.

"Better?"

"A-Almost" I tell her.

A warm smile forms on Y/n's face as I hold my arms out for her to join me.

"You're such a child sometimes Ari-" she says, as she gets into bed and I quickly make myself comfortable in her arms.

"-But" She continues, and I look up to meet her eyes.

"-That's one of the many things I love about you." She says.

No matter the size of the compliment, Y/n never fails to fill my stomach with butterflies.

"I love you" I tell her.

"I love you too" she says and softly kisses my forehead and then my lips.

My nerves quickly died away as Y/m held me. I have no idea when I passed out, but until I did, Y/n hummed tiny melody's in my ear. I love her so much.

The End ❤️

A/n:

Sorry this took so long! I've kinda been having writers block and work has really knocked my energy and motivation levels around.

I hope you all enjoyed! And don't forget to leave a comment and vote if you want more imagines!