The Suicide

"Independent of the limited Mortal World....the ultimate truth of a person, lies deep inside his soul."   -  Soul (Edward Collen)

PART 1 :- THE MUSEUM OF MIRACLES

Laura was now getting bored, waiting for a person for thirty minutes. If this wouldn't have been for her first case in a month, she would have already gone.

Suddenly she saw him coming. A man with a royal two-piece suit.

"040876." He said. Laura glared at him with her suspicious eyes.

"Wrong." She declared. But the man didn't looked any surprised.

"Oh come on, How many times would try the same truck on the same man, Don't you get bored?" He asked her as he took a corner of the bench. "The answer is still 040876, who do you think I am?"

"Ah fine." She said finally, relaxing her expression. "Security check is necessary mister, you won't want a new problem sprouting up, especially when you are in India."

"Ah whatever, this is the file of the case, the one which was closed five years ago. Fortunately, it survived all that stagnant water." She took the file.

'An Omega Labs undertaking.
By Prof. Harris, PhD in Genetic Mutation from London and Prof. Prabhas, Sc.D from India.'

"Very well." She said. "Who is my assistant?"

"Uh.. 'your' Assistant?" He asked jokingly.  "Well, you are the assistant."

"What?" She asked. "Why? Whose assistant? In whose command?"

"The case was not for you." He said. "It was for 'him'... He asked me to call you."

"Who?" She asked.

The man glared in her eyes as he moved forward to say the name.

"SOUL."

It was a hot, sunny day in London. Mr. Smith was classifying the area. He looked a little confused and pressurized. Suddenly, a young man in blue overcoat and brown hat approached him from behind. His sudden appearance astonished Mr. Smith.

"Oh, its you, Martin. Why can't you stop surprising me everytime we meet?" Mr. Smith asked rudely.

"What's the matter? Is everything fine? He asked. Mr. Smith realized that he was too rude. He apologized to Martin and asked him to wait for him in the coffee shop. After he finished the work and sent all the cops to their own duties, he went in the coffee shop to meet Martin.

"You look very tensed. I heard from your friends that you are working too much these days, you don't spend much time at home. What's the matter?" Martin asked.

"Didn't they told you the other thing?" He asked. Martin thought for a while and tried to guess the reason.

"The suicides?" He asked. "Really? You are becoming stressed, going in hypertension, and you work till late night, just because of those suicides? Why?"

"The matter is not that simple. The people who died had no reason to suicide. They hadn't signed their will too. All of them were renowned businessmen. Don't you think that its a little suspicious? The department will be in trouble after this one is opened to the public." Mr. Smith said gravely. Martin took a sip of his coffee.

"Then why are you working so hard on it? There are many other officers in the state." Martin asked.

"Because this one was one of my close ones..." He said. "One of our close ones."

Martin became frightened suddenly. The fear of losing one of his friends made him ask the most natural question.

"Who is it?" He asked. Mr. Smith finally finished his cup, and slowly put it down. He stared at Martin's eyes and thought if he would be able to hear the name.

"This time... its Will, my brother."

"Wh- What? Is it really..."

They stared at each other for a while. Martin took time to accept it, but the fact had literally broken him from inside.

Will Smith was a good guy, and according to both of them, he was in no mood to suicide. Martin was like a second brother for Will. He had taught him, employed him and had even made him the accountant of his company, till Martin decided to travel abroad and search a job by his own. The death of his mentor had made him quite unstable for a moment.

Mr. Smith and his brother were not so close, but anyone could've seen the effects of this news in his behavior. He had never met Will since Martin had returned from his trip, and suddenly he got the news that another businessman named Will Smith had committed suicide. Clearly, he was in no state to take any case, but he wanted to find the murderer of his brother, or maybe, the reason of his suicide.

"Can you specify the details you got at the site?" Martin asked after a long pause.

"He was staying in The Sapphire grand hotel when I last checked. Then I got the news." He began.  "His room and its windows were locked from inside. He was hanging from the fan with a rope tightened around his neck. There was stool at a short distance. I have left the place untouched and classified the area. But I don't know how I would find out what had happened there."

"Has no one made any conclusion regarding this incident or any other incident?" Martin asked.

"If all six suicides including this are murders, then our opponent has made great arrangements to diverge us." He said. "I can't say anything about the others but I know that my brother has not committed suicide...and I promise you that I would find out the culprit, no matter what the cost is..."

"How can I help you?" Martin asked.

"Just take care of my wife and my daughter, I would do the rest." He said, and walked out of the shop.

Martin was still there, in shock. He couldn't imagine what would be the next move of Mr. Smith. He knew just one thing, that the murder was not going to stop, and now Mr. Smith was in danger too.

Suddenly, a thin figure in black and white suit disturbed him.

"Sir, this your bill." The waiter said. Martin checked his pockets for money but got nothing.

"Uh-oh."

(I don't own the media used in any part of this book)

NOTE :- If you have no problem with spoiling this book for you, and you want to start with the second part sooner with just the main details of the story then you can skip the first 22 chapter to reach the Summary of part 1.  Although, I still recommend to read all the chapters, as I have worked hard to provide a thrilling, suspenseful, twisted story for you guys, and you would miss a good thing if you skipped it. 

But still it is completely you choice....Thank You.