On the top of the World...

Before rushing off to the Headquarters, Martin remembered one more thing...his phone. He couldn't just forget it of course. He also took a picture of the poster with red circles around Manhattan. They rushed outside the building and took a cab to the headquarters.

"Would you please explain me what is going on?" Heart asked him.

"Murder..." He said. "A mass murder... K is going to blast half of Manhattan, as you can see in the picture. That would be his warning to the world."

"What?" She asked out of astonishment. "How do you know this?"

"K's biggest weapon is Shadow. Shadow can control people and can also lead them to their deaths. Using human bombs, or you can say sleeper cells, would be the fastest and the most reliable method to spread terror in this situation. That's another reason for choosing New York, it has the largest population density in USA."

"So what are we supposed to do?" She asked him.

"I was asking you the same question. What had Soul told you to do?"

"Nothing." She said in a frustrated voice. Martin began thinking again. He looked at the floppy, its title. Suddenly a strange thought crossed his mind, but it seemed a little illogical for consideration.

They soon reached the main entrance of the United Nations HQ. There was a tight security there. No one was allowed to go beyond the line. Large no. of security vehicles were parked around, and two or three choppers were also flying in the sky. A crowd of common people and the reporters was hustling outside. It became difficult for them even to move.

"Can you sense K's Heartbeat in all this?" He asked her.

"No. Heartbeat is not DNA, its just Heartbeat." She said. "Besides, it would be better if try to find Shadow. If we can manage to put him unconscious, then it may save all those people who are about to die."

"But we don't know how many of them are in control of Shadow. If some proportion of the controlled people are under the influence of K, then our time would be wasted." He said. "But if we find K and 'somehow' manage to put him unconscious, then there is a higher chance that we can save all of them, because Shadow won't be doing anything without K's orders."

"But we aren't sure about that either." She said.

Suddenly Martin had another strange idea. He took his phone and called Elsa. It rang for a long time, but no one picked the phone. That made Martin more suspicious. He called someone again, but this time, it was Soul. It took some time again, but he finally picked the call.

"Soul, where are you?" He asked.

"If you have done everything right...then most probably...I am above you." He said. The sound of wind rushing past him was mixed with his voice. Martin looked upwards, and he quickly realized what Soul meant by 'above you'. He was in one of the security choppers. 

"Which one are you on?" He asked him. 

"I don't know where you are." He said. 

"I can see the United Nations from here." He said, but he soon realized that this information was not much helpful. Heart put her hand on her forehead. 

"Well, I can also see the United Nations from here." Soul answered. "Uh, let me ask someone...hey lady, do you know which helicopter you are piloting?No? Okay stay there...You heard it? I don't know which helicopter we are in. But I can tell you, that I can see the top from here, but I cannot directly see the entrance."

"Ask him how many choppers he can see." Heart advised Martin. He did the same.

"Uh, I can see...four. I can see four of them." He said.