The King of Karma

When Heart regained consciousness, she found herself lying on a hospital bed, but this was not a hospital. Maybe it was a medical care room of this...place. She didn't even knew where she was. 

She tried to scan the surroundings more, but she felt tired, or you can say, exhausted. She could not even move due to tiredness, and her eyes too pained in moving. She closed them and tried to remember the last thing which happened to her. But she saw something unexpected.

'A young boy, around 14 was lying on a hospital bed, just like hers. His body was tied to the bed with heavy iron safety belts. A doctor in the lab coat injected a colorless serum into his body. His face was blurred, but somehow familiar. 

"You would be cured in a second..." He said to the boy. 

Nothing happened for first few seconds. Ten. Twenty. Thirty. Seconds passed, but no change was observed. Then suddenly, a rapid wave of pain surged into is body. The whole of his body ached, his head began to hurt too. His body dithered and tried to escape the belts, jumping up and down shaking the whole bed. He screamed with all of his might. He smashed his head repeatedly into the bed. The doctor's assistants held him tightly while he took a black leather strap with a white square button in the middle and tied to his head.

"Alright, let the current pass."  He said and pressed the button on the strap.

The boy wailed in pain and terror as electricity was passed into his head. The worst part of it was...that heart could feel the pain."

"STOP IT!" She yelled as she sprang up from the bed. Her head was hurting and her own 'pulse rate was increased. An unknown wave if fear surged into her body, as her vision became blurred once again. Just then she realized, that her eyes were bleeding. Drops of red blood slowly trickled down her cheeks and fell down on the white hospital bed.

"Don't worry, it was just a nightmare. Nothing will happen to you." A voice said . "Not until you watch the dreadful destruction if the world with your own eyes, and feel the grief of losing to someone down to your own 'heart'." 

Shadow was standing in the darkest corner of the room, although, in the most human form he could be in. In this form, he was visible even in shadows. 

"What are you talking about?" She asked him. "What nightmare?"

"The vision you see are from the past. It is an side effect of mental intimidation, either the information transverses all the way to the other side, or you start having vision of your greatest fear."

"How do you know?" She asked him, wiping the blood from her face carefully. 

"I can see your fear." He said. "I see everyone's fear, that's my role in the universe, whether it is Martin, you, Chief, or those stupid police cops. But most of them die after it, just like James Harrison." He said coming more close to her. His face had changed a lot since the last time. It looked more weary and exhausted, like every moment someone was draining his energy.

He took a cloth and wiped her blood harshly, and blindfolded her eyes. He took her out of the room, to a small corridor. Heart was having a hard time walking blindfolded. She had so many questions to ask Shadow (like she always had for anyone) but she didn't wanted to talk to him. She moved hopelessly for a long time in silence before Shadow stopped at a point. They entered a room, where luckily, Shadow opened her handcuffs, but she was still blindfolded. 

"You are not the only prisoner here, and the other one with you is not used to useless talks. So don't enrage her." He said suddenly.

"You look exhausted." She said pointed out before he could go.