Into the Shadows

"I think you've got what to do." Soul said to Martin.

"But.... Isn't it risky? I mean what if something went wrong?"

"Living the Life is the biggest risk I have ever known of, yet everyone takes it." He said. "But if you are still afraid then remember that I would be there too."

"Yeah, I know...." He said. "What if Shadow kills you?"

"He won't, if he wants to live longer." Soul said, his expression was same but somehow, it had turned a little horrific.

Just then, Laura entered the base from above.

"Are we doing something to stop him?" She asked.

"Of course we are..." Soul said. "... And you are in charge."

Martin saw her expression. It was like she knew what was about to happen, just as Soul said. He was very tensed about the events which were about to take their place.

"Laura, you and Martin are going to encounter him, and if you want to return alive, be sure you follow my advice." Soul told her. "I would negotiate with Shadow, while you two would sneak in. Chief will be getting support in time. After we, do the barter, You two would use the antidotes immediately. Understood?"

"Yes. But I have a question." She said. "How can we trade with him if we don't have what he asks for?"

'That was natural.' Martin thought. 'She was not acting, that meant that she knew that we know the truth... Which would also mean that she has got a plan...'

"You don't need to worry on that. Just do what I say." Soul said. "Now leave. Laura, you would go from the right side of the museum. Martin, you would take the back side."

With that he gave both of them a gun and two small capsules, made to fit in the gun. They were the antidotes, made to be shot by a gun.

"Why are we calling him in the museum?" She asked. That was an expected one.

"We've prepared the museum for that." Martin said. "We've placed wall-sized mirrors at every exit. If he enters once, it won't be easy to escape."

Heart thought about that for a second. She had used her powers  even in front of the mirrors. It didn't hurt her. However, it was her weakness in a way. If she could not focus her light telekinesis at a real world spot, she won't be able to kill anyone. Mirrors can provide good cover, especially if you are the one who has set them. Soul was preparing for something big, if she doesn't stay alert, then it might prove fatal.

"Remember, he himself has no thermal impression, but he can see yours. Also, he can't merge himself into shadows, he just hides himself in them. Use that due your advantage." He said as he prepared some systems in his computer. "Now, GO!"

With that he launched the firecrackers he had prepared for this night. They shot into the sky, bursting out with lights and sounds. As they ended, they left  a big 'S' in the sky.... Just above the museum. This was the sign for Shadow..... this was the start of this great battle.

Martin and Laura rushed above, Soul prepared his trans-reciever to direct them.

"If you had not messed with dark matter, there would not have been any trouble." Soul said.

"We never used it." Prabhas said as one of the recievers activated.
"The experiment failed and we had to compromise, reforming his cellular structure, evolving his systems to support his life. I still don't know who used dark matter, but I know, it is the real mind behind all this."

"What do you say about Heart attacks?" Soul asked him as he went into his thinking position.

"We didn't gave her that powers. Her brain was intended to copy the DNA structure and the make a soft copy of its artificial version. Thereby inducing dummy cells in the body, just for support. Of course you can imagine how much this could've helped in the medical field. Heart transplants, bone remanufacture, what not."

"Quite a good approach, Temporary cloning, right?" Soul said. "But I am still thinking what could make her a killing machine."

"One thing I am sure of is that someone had modified our programs and algorithms, that's why things like this happened, and Gene died..."

"Anyways." Soul said. "Have you reached the target position?"

"Of course." He said.

"Fine...." He said as he raised his head again. "I am coming."

Heart thought about what Soul would be doing. Would he trap both of them? But then how would he escape himself? Won't he die if Shadow saw him even for a moment? What was he planning to do?

The questions were now really agitating her. She will have to stay alert this time. After all, this was the most famous detective in the whole world. The news of their incident had now spread the globe. If she did any mistake, then it was all over.

She was now standing in front of the museum. Martin wished her luck (what an act) and headed for the back entrance

Soul would be already there, waiting for them. She glanced at her perfume. If there was any trouble, then it would save her.

With that she headed to the right entrance, according to her plan.

When she reached at the main compound, she found it really hard to navigate. The museum was like a maze, especially set to confuse somebody. She can't follow the map given by Soul, it could be wrong. But he won't give the wrong map to Martin.
That's why she swiped her map with Martin, when they departed. 

Just as she reached there, she got a message on her reciever.

"Is everyone in position?" Soul asked. 

"Yes." Martin said. Laura found it surprising that she could hear what Martin was saying. She expected Soul to cut their connections.

"Yes." She answered.

Then, She saw something jumping down on the floor from above. Then suddenly, since spotlights turned on, lighting a circular area of 3m radius around the body. As soon as the light fell, she realized that it was Soul.

He landed safely in his crouched position, and remained there, without any movement. He was facing the ground, hiding his face with the help of his hands. She could not see even the slightest detail of his face.

"Shadow...." He said with altered voice. "Your wait is over... I... am... SOUL."