Supplementary Chapter : Soul Vs K

This is the last supplementary chapter, regarding the conversation between Soul and K when Soul took K into the Astral world. This part is to develop the character of K, and to clarify his intention behind his actions. However, it does not have any special effect on the plot, so you can skip it if you want.

"KARMA..." Soul said. "Welcome to the Astral World."

K said nothing for a moment. The wonders of the Astral world were not new to him, just he had not experienced them before. He stared into Soul's eyes again. His face was one of the most mysterious things he had seen till now. Not just because it was something unpredictable, but because, somehow....it was familiar to him.

"SOUL..." He said in the same tone again. "So you finally achieved perfection?"

"It is not like what you think...there is always something new waiting for you here, the one who reaches here, must have complete control on the power of his brain, and complete faith in the purity of his soul. But still, it is never enough. Every time I come here, I learn something new. Here, I am just a child who has just came out from a smaller world into a bigger one, and is learning the laws of reality and nature." Soul said calmly, as he slowly drifted towards K. "This is the law of nature my friend, one can never be perfect. After all, Perfection is just a limit to one's talent and development." 

"Indeed." K said. "But those laws of nature cannot prevent me from striving for perfection, even in the actions of the limited mortal world. I may not become perfect, but I promise you, I will become powerful enough to change the laws of nature themselves."

"You have no right to do that." Soul said calmly, but his emotions were involuntarily portrayed in the environment. The energy became red in color, a small tremor passed in all the existing matter, thriving everything to the core. 

"Of course I have. Do the laws of nature prohibit me from helping others? Do they prohibit me from making a world, which provides Justice to all? Where every soul is pure, where every mind thinks only of the development of the whole. Do your laws of nature prohibit me from turning this rotten world into a heaven for the truthful, into the land of justice...If they do, then my friend, they are WRONG." Another wave of energy busted in the far horizons as K completed his sentence. 

"Creating a better place...." Soul muttered what K had said. "And how do you think you're gonna do it? By achieving what I did? You are gonna use this powers for a cause like that?"

"Exactly." K said. Soul sat down, and dropped his head in response. 

"I am KARMA, the one who distributes Justice. I am the protector of the right and truthful. The idol of the ones who suffer pain and agony for doing the right thing. So naturally, I am a devil for the sinners, to those who seek fun in the pain of others, who want the fruit without the hardwork... I hate the 'wrong', and I can't do anything if you don't. But listen my words well, anyone who dares to interrupt my justice, is wrong in himself. And I must, and will eliminate the wrong. So if you dared to stand against me, I will eliminate you too."

"That's what you think...." Soul said, the Astral world became still, as if frozen for the response form the great detective. "Hate... Hate and Love are two things, which slowly transform the person into the thing which he loved or hated the most. Your hate will transform you into the thing you hate the most. By doing what you are about to do, you will become the only thing which is 'wrong'. As for your justice, remember my friend, Justice is served to the physical, by the abstract, not by the physical to the abstract. You may serve justice well, but you would still be inferior to the abstract. You can never rise above it."