The Shadow of Fear

As everyone would have expected already, the Eiffel Tower was also... destroyed. The once beautiful site was completely ruined. Elsa was watching the scene again, sitting at a nearby park bench, with the report of Omega Labs at her side. The bombs were still exploding in the city, but there was no sound. Martin and Prabhas were standing behind her too. Thanks to Soul, no one in the world knew what happened at the top of the tower, because the transmission was stopped the moment K was trapped in the glass chamber.

Martin was going through a lot right now. He saw his fear coming true. He could not believe that he shot Soul with his own hands. He felt like Soul had to die because of him. He heard his every word, his all emotions escaping out of his body before he could say goodbye to the world he was protecting his whole life. Then he saw him laughing for the first time. This was his true self. This was his frustration speaking for him. It was like he was done with this world, and that is why he committed suicide. But that didn't sound right.

"Where is K?" He asked. "Is he ruling the world now?"

"Elsa." Prabhas said. "I think you should show him what has happened in the last two days."

She was too frustrated to move. She just raised her fingers a little, and the whole sky swirled around, changing into the scene of some tall monument. Martin had not seen something like this before in his life. It was a big platform in the sky, like a big amphitheater. It was supported by a number of pillars arising from the sea. The whole monument was magnificently designed with grand royal theme. The platform was fenced beautifully with gold, and was looking like an announcement tower from the medieval ages. Green vines with beautiful flowers were hanging down. In this era of scientific technology, this castle like monument was giving him vibes of the old monarchic regimes.

Around the monument, there were a number of military motorboats, probably keeping any eye on it.

Suddenly, someone came from inside. A girl, of probably sixteen was wearing a golden crown embedded with jewels in red, and a cape of blood red color. Her attire was not that grand, but the look on her face was more than what you would see on the face of a girl of her age.

Martin's heart nearly stopped. His legs could not hold his weight, his mouth was left open. Now this has become the most shocking moment of his life.... Even bigger than the laughter of Soul

"Citizens of New York and the World..." She said. "I am Heart, and from today on, I am the ruler of this world."

"WHAT?!" Martin screamed.

"There is more..." Prabhas said.

Just then, Heart pulled up her hand in the air, which was holding the dead body of K.

"I am the one who has freed you all from him, I am the one who has killed K and ended his madness from this world for eternity." She said. "The world we all see is currently in a state of chaos. The nations are against each other again, and the commons are the ones who are suffering from the conflict of the powers. The order has been already destroyed, and if no one takes responsibility, then there will be no world to live in." She said and dropped K's body on the floor. "I am not like him, nor like the one who was fighting against him. K was the biggest threat to humanity and Soul as you know, has 'betrayed' us all. I know what you all feel and I care for you all with the whole of my Heart. The conflict has ended in creating a situation where people are killing each other. A place where there is no order cannot exist for long. Therefore, I am taking the responsibility of establishing peace and order again. I don't want to see anyone suffer. I want to create the world which you have been devoid of. I know you all would not believe me, but I promise you today – I cannot establish Utopia, nor can I do anything to satisfy those who have lost their loved ones in this turmoil, but I will bring happiness back in this world. That is my promise, and I will not sit quietly until I complete this. I am Heart, the new ruler of this world."