Taking on the Heart

Martin had thought that it would be easier to fight off a blind girl, so he invited her to end this up. But unfortunately, Soul suddenly, called him, just to inform that she had just become a superhuman with five times more powerful senses, and heartbeat than his. 

"You didn't thought about that, right?" Heart asked him. He was now thinking of some way to avoid the fight, unfortunately, that too wasn't going any well. He can't run from here, as that would lead to the same circumstances as before. Maybe, Heart could ignore the cat and mouse play and go directly after him with 'five times' increased speed. He can't fight her directly, or he will be crushed to pieces. Wait a minute- there was a thing he can do....

'Yeah, that may do fine...' He thought. 'She is relying only on her hearing ability, if I could use this, taking its advantage... this could be easy.'

'Don't worry Martin, I won't kill you. If I killed you than who would show me the way outside...' She thought. 'But that doesn't means you will return alive...' 

Both of them started walking towards each other. Slowly, and silently, as if giving more time to the other, to see what they would get from them. Martin knew he had only a slight chance, but Heart had a fine chance of succeeding in her intentions. 

'My dear Martin... I would give you... a good farewell.' She thought, taking out her knife, but she kept that behind her back. Martin took out his voice transmitter, but he too, kept it down. They came in front of each other.

Then, they began. Heart leapt on him with a down-smash, Martin avoided that, but he wasn't able to attacked. Heart was very fast in her moves, and they were professional, like she had been trained for this. Although they were not something extra-ordinary. The fight was all out, Heart was now more fast, and Martin was hardly avoiding them, half of his efforts didn't even did anything. Heart was now more frequent in attacking as Martin was about to be exhausted. 

'Good strategy.' Martin thought. 'She would take more time in blocking my hits, and her fast reflexes would be wasted. So she decided to attack, utilizing her reflexes, so that her opponent doesn't gets any time to even attack.'

 This was a highly risking move if you weren't a test subject, but still it was the job of an agent like him, and still he was afraid of taking that much risk, but she was doing it like it was a piece of cake for her. He knew that she was  test subject, but the moves she was using, the angle she was taking, all were perfect, and all were meant for masters. This was a thing you couldn't learn on YouTube. He will have to do something sudden, a surprise attack...

He focused on her attacks, her undefended spots, there were many, just then, he saw a gun on her belt, It was not the one that Soul had given her. It was meant for real bullets. He got an idea, but that was quite risky, so much that it could leave him dead...

'Life is the biggest risk.' He remembered, what Soul had said. 'She is taking it too....Then why can't I?'

Suddenly, he left his face unguarded for Heart's next attack, and went for his gun. Heart felt that his hand was not blocked this time, when she expected it to. It was most probably moving to his pocket. If he was going for his gun, It was his big mistake. 

'Poor boy.' She thought. 'He thinks he can use his antidote now? Seriously? Whatever, now's my chance...' 

She spun around, as Martin reached for his pocket, but Heart was much, much faster. Before he could take any action with his gun, she slashed his face with her knife. From his throat to his chin, with such a force that turned his head back. His feet trampled over themselves, and he fell on the ground due to his own momentum, his hands were dragging with him to the floor.

"Aah..." He cried in pain as blood dripped from his chin, slowly patting on the white tiles of the museum.

"You seriously thought you could do anything with  a gun at this range? What a lame fight you gave me. Seriously Martin, I expected more from 'Soul's Start student'..." 

Soul's star student. The words reminded him of the time when he really was it. Now seeing the new admissions of his academy (who turn out to be test subjects) he had really began to think that he was not worthy of the title. 

'Always believe in yourself Martin, that's one of the important points in an agents life.' Soul had once said. 'If you do that, then no one will be able to defeat you, at least in your own eyes, and that thing is the most important.'

"So you really think I am the 'Star-student right?" He asked.

"Yeah, but you would be no longer alive." She said pointing her knife at him.

"I don't think so..." He said as he took out a capsule of the antidote, shaking it heavily to proof it's existence. "...Not with this antidote in my hand." 

Heart heard that, the antidote was a denser one, it could be identified easily with the sound. If she attacked him, he would intake the antidote, and an instant reaction would result in giving him the immunity against her powers, she won't be able to be in 1 meter radius around him. 

"Great backup, you have there." She said. "But you did one mistake... you forgot me."

With saying that the second time in a day she pulled out her gun and aimed at Martin. But his expression didn't changed a bit. He was tensed, but not frightened.

'BANG'. The voice came suddenly, as the gun exploded into a cloud of green smoke. Heart choked, as the green gas filled the air around her. It filled inside her lungs she removed her blindfold to see what was happening, but her vision was now blurring. 

"Ha...hahaha..." Martin laughed in the surrounding. "...you forgot this." 

He chuckled as he spoke. His voice and position was clear but Heart could not get anything, like her senses were suddenly being degraded.

"You thought it would be that easy to defeat Soul's star student?" He asked. "I knew that you could not see what I was doing. So I had to fell back while I dragged my hand in the same motion, but throwing this small antidote capsule into that pistol in your belt. The antidote reacted with gun-powder, and BOOM! It exploded neutralizing half the essential molecules in the serum. So it would not do anything big except degrading your senses for a while, but they would return normal soon. The great thing is that it would make you fall asleep. Oh! Wait a minute... that means you are already-"

He turned to Heart, who was lying on the ground sleeping soundly. 

"...asleep. Ah! I gave another lecture for free, and it was for no one." He said as his ear-piece vibrated. The call was attended automatically.  

"Martin..."The voice said. It was Soul on the other side, biting the nail of his left thumb. 

"Soul, guess what, I've got Heart. How is it going on the other side?"

"Listen Martin, if you've got Heart, then bind her hands and tighten her blindfold. DON'T you dare use that antidote. I want her in the same condition as she is now. And the main thing....drop her where she is."

"What? Why?" He asked as he got the confusing orders.

"You will find out soon." He said.

"Okay, then. What should I do next?"

"Run....and yeah the museum is about to self destruct so, run fast okay." 

With that he cut his connection again...with a twist...again. That too was the second time on the same day. Now he had to Run. By the way, what was he doing from all that time? Maybe, he was running. Now he had to run again. Suddenly, the emergency signals too began to flash their red-lights with high wavelength. 

"EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY... The building is about to self destruct....EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY."

"Wow." Martin said, and that too, the second time in a day.