The Accident

Martin was now feeling and behaving just like Mr. Smith had been doing before. He was tensed and regretful about his mentor's death and wanted to do something. But whenever he looked at the faces of his wife and his daughter, he dropped the idea.

Mr. Smith's wife was a nice and hardworking woman who was trying to soothe down the family of Will Smith after his death.
The families were now together for the funeral of Will Smith, but the police had managed to hold the body for investigation.

The day was passed, Martin had now made his choice. He decided that he will help Mr. Smith with this case, after all, Will was just like his brother.

But the question was... from where would he start? The police had classified all the areas of suicide and he was not a renowned detective. Not to mention that no one knew that he was a detective.

In a time period of five years, he had ventured in different countries and had practiced different kinds of deducing skills, and finally, he became a good detective. The only flaw was, that he had never taken any case before, at least not in London.

Another problem was that the London police would never allow any private investigation, judging from the seriousness of this case and from the past of London police. But he could at least try.

So it was final, he would start his own investigation tomorrow and would try to do it as secretly as anyone can, but he would contact Mr. Smith to get an access to the police reports.

But why tomorrow? It was not midnight still, and he knew where Mr. Smith could be.
He told her mom that he was leaving for Mr. Smith's house. Her mom who already knew about the deaths allowed him to go. After all it was their duty to be at his funeral, which was just a day after tomorrow.

"Fine dear, but stay out of any danger, it's not safe outside during these days, and yeah, don't try to do anything by yourself, let the police do the investigation." She said and he ignored it, just like usual.

And with that he went out towards the police station.

Mr. Smith was at the police station, analysing the scans of the sites of suicides. Three of them were natural areas, where the personality had dived in the river or hanged himself on a tree. Any kinds of footprints cannot be recorded in such kinds of places. The remaining three were rooms, two of which were hotels, including the one of Will"s death.

He found that there were footprints which were different than those of Will's and those of the one' who scanned it. This was enough to prove that someone was in his room but not enough to prove that it was a murder, as he can't specify the time, when they were made.

The other scan had the same conclusions, except the fact the the footprints were different in both cases. That means if those were of the murderer, then the murderer of both the victims isn't same.

"There are footprints, but there was no scope of entry on the room." He said to himself. "How is this possible?"

"Sir, we have brought the reports of the investigation of the human experiment case as you said. Although the reports are of the other department but they might be of great help in that case."

He took a glance at the reports. The observations and results of the illegal human experiments were written in large paragraphs. He didn't had time to read that. Suddenly, a photo caught his eye.

"What is this?" He asked to himself. The article read about test subject 6. This one had the most typical and carried observations.

"TEST SUBJECT 6:- SHADOW

Observations after experiment:-

Unusual brain flux readings, irregular visibility, radioactivity observed in cones cells of the eyes, and psychic instability."

"Sir..." Chief interrupted. "Can we send the body to postmortem? We need to deliver the body as soon as possible."

"Yes you can, but remember to give me a copy of the report, and don't forget to replace the body with a dummy in the same position, the rope should be equally tight." He said. "Apart from that I want you to get a list of all those people who had entered the room in both cases and also to send our team to the site of the fourth suicide, for investigating that area again."

"Right, sir." Chief said. "Sir, can I ask you a question?"

"Yes of course."

"You are the head incharge of this investigation. There is a great danger on your life. What if... Something happened to you?" He asked.

Mr. Smith smiled at the question and thought for a while.

"If someone dies, what happens to him or her?" He asked. The chief was silent as he knew that Mr. Smith had not completed yet. "The Soul leaves the body, its home, and is free to explore the large universe..."

Mr. Smith focused back on the report but it was in some very difficult and typical terms. He decided to read it later at his home.

As soon as Mr. Smith exited the police station, he got a call on his cell phone. It was Martin, why was he calling at this time? He attended the phone.

"What is it Martin?"

"Mr. Smith... Don't come outside... Stay in the building." He said panting heavily.

"Why are you panting? Where are you?"

"Please Mr. Smith.... Stay inside... Your life.... Is in danger." Martin said. He was now totally out of breath, it seemed that he was running too.

"What? How? I don't get what you are saying." Mr. Smith said. Just then, he saw Martin running towards him from the main Street.

As he thought he was running and was waving his hand signing him to return . He was frightened and worried.

"Your life..." Martin said, as he fell due to exhaustion.

As Martin raised his eyes, a large bug truck rushed towards Mr. Smith, and tossed him aside on the road. Blood drops fell on his face as Mr. Smith's body  flew above him and he fell on the main road like a lifeless rag doll.

He rushed there, but in vain. His clothes were full of blood. He was in no condition to even say a word Martin sat there and began to ask for help, but there was no one. Slowly,some cars stopped nearby, creating a Traffic jam.
Mr. Smith called Martin's name.

"Yes Mr. Smith, I am here, what is it?" He asked, but he could say only one word.

"SOUL."

And then, he closed his eyes.