09 - It's Not What You Think

Chapter Four

I wake up with a muscled arm wrapped around my waist, in an unfamiliar bed, and a faint scent of Old Spice

It's not what you think. We didn't sleep together. Or we did sleep together in the same bed. But we didn't you know...have you know...S-E-X. Bronze Boy was a perfect gentleman. We stayed up all night talking and then fell asleep in each other's arms. He didn't try anything on me, he didn't even try to kiss me. And he was an amazing cuddler our bodies seemed to fit together like two puzzle pieces.

I should probably stop calling him Bronze Boy. His real name is Cameron. While we were laying in bed I asked him to enter his name and number into my cellphone. I know, sometimes I'm impressed by my own genius. And I then I sent him a text message back and included my name. I couldn't remember if I'd ever given him mine. I was also worried he might forget me later.

We woke up relatively early for a night of drinking. While sleeping in someone's arms is great, once you're awake it becomes a tad bit uncomfortable. Or maybe it takes some time to get used to? He made me breakfast. Scrambled eggs on toast, topped with cheese, freshly sliced avocado, and a glass of orange juice. I started laughing when he drenched his with hot salsa, but only because it's exactly how I like mine. We laughed and discussed our mutual love for all things spicy. And then all too soon it was time for me to go.

He offered to drive me home, which I gladly accepted. More time with him. Of course, I didn't have him drive to my home. My mother would've shipped me off to boarding school if she'd seen me dropped me off by a guy, wearing Ari's clothes. Actually, she'd make us move again, and for the first time, it sounded like the worst thing I could possibly imagine.

We reach Ari's house and sit silently in his idling truck. I don't want to leave yet. And there's a lingering awkwardness because I don't know how to say goodbye. It seems easy but in the moments it's not. Should I kiss him, should I not kiss him? I decide to say thank you and lean in to give him a kiss on the cheek. Cameron turns into the kiss and our lips connect.

At first, the kiss is soft and sweet, his hands rest tenderly on my face. Cameron's lips move against mine. Then his tongue lightly parts my lips and there is a lingering taste of orange juice and minty toothpaste. I fall deep into his kiss. This is not at all like the shotgun from the night before. I had been worried the passing of smoke had counted as our first kiss, my first kiss. Technically, if it had counted, then my first kiss ever would have been with Ari, not Cameron.

This though, this is completely different. This is a real kiss. His lips move in sync with mine. It's hot and inviting. An insatiable hunger grows deep inside and I want to get closer. I want to feel him pressed against me. Cameron must feel the same way because his hands tangle in my hair and he pulls me in closer.

HOONKK!

We jump apart. Both of our chests are heaving and we're gasping for air. I had practically been on top of him on the driver side. I'd been the one to honk the horn. His cheeks are flush and his eyes have a glassy look to them. Cameron laughs and rubs his hands through his curls.