42 - Bonjour et Au revoir!

Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

My feet bounce anxiously as I watch the crowd of people walk past

"Miss, are you boarding?"

I look up at the flight attendant. "Um...yes. I'm waiting for someone."

"I apologize, but we're about to depart. If your plan is to go to Paris, you must board now."

I scan the faces of the passersby's but still don't see the one I'd been waiting for.

You're probably wondering what I'm doing alone in an airport. I hate to state the obvious but I'm going to Paris for the summer. I'd been hoping to go with Ari, but it looked like that wasn't going to be happening. She must not have forgiven me or is too bogged down by the assault investigation. I'm going whether she showed up or not. I needed to get away.

Shortly after Kris and Katie sent me James's confession, I'd posted it to the Dirty. Scratch that, not shortly. It took me hours to compose the perfect post. I edited out her name and concealed her identity. I wanted to be as sensitive as possible to Ari, but not hold any punches back for James.

Unfortunately, my edits were a wasted effort. Everyone at school knew the unrequited love story of James and Aurora. Who else could the post have been about? I'd made another insensitive stupid mistake. One I wasn't sure Ari could forgive me for.

I uploaded photos of James buying drugs along with the video. I also wrote a message. It felt only right, everyone else did. Excuse my lack of artistry, I'm no gossip girl, but it went something like this:

"Watch your drinks! The Captain and King of Sunny High has crossed over to the dark side. Appears he's not so good with the ladies after all. Slipping pills into drinks is cheating. And the penalty is the big house. Good luck, looking handsome in orange James." - IsabellaJFitz

I didn't make the same accident that James had. I wrote my name on purpose. Loud and proud. My name is Isabella, but my friends have different nicknames for me. Except for Ari she always calls me Isabella. I wanted everyone to know. More importantly, I wanted Ari to know. To know that I believed her and was fighting for her. I'd sent her a text message to warn her about the bomb I was about to drop before I released it.