26 - B.Y.O.B - pt.1

Chapter Nine

Derek, Ari and I are in the middle of a round of Beerio Kart when John shows up

Ari greets him with a hug but he pulls her into make-out sesh instead. His kiss is aggressive and forceful. His hands shamelessly grope her body. She pushes at his chest and jerks away from him. He finally lets her go. Then he grins and grabs her hand.

My eyes trail down to their interlocked fingers. She once told me that she hated holding hands. I'm expecting her to pull away any moment now.

Any moment...

She doesn't. She lets him hold it.

Her eyes flick to me.

I avert my attention back to the game. Or I pretend to. I'm too frustrated at her terrible choice in boys to care about the stupid childish game. Who came up with it anyway? I haven't won a single round.

I spike the gaming controller like a football.

"Hey!" Derek groans.

I mouth an embarrassed apology.

He's a tool. John, not Derek. I've only met him the one time at the college party, but I can't stand him. She deserves better.

And they're still holding hands.

I search the room for James to see how he's taking it, but he is nowhere in sight. Instead, Dechlan is glaring from across the room. The stark difference between James's jealously and Dechlan is night and day. James always looked hurt, while Dechlan looked downright murderous.

A beer bottle is hovering in the air halfway to his mouth and for a moment I think he might throw it at John.

I hope he does.

Ari offers to get the tool a drink and they head towards the kitchen. Dechlan closely follows them in.

I get up in search of Cameron. I'm upset. He has a way of calming me. I find him sitting with his fraternity brothers and I walk over to introduce myself. He surprises me by grabbing me and pulling me down on his lap. He kisses me deeply and roughly. It's unlike him but feels good enough to shift my mood.

His mouth tastes like a mix of several alcohols. He's trashed. I've never seen him this drunk before. Then his hands start to roam between my legs, and I pull his hands from me before he goes too far up.

"Behave." I chide in his ear.

He grins at me, then turns to his friends and says. "This is my girl."

I smile at them, but I'm still flustered by his kiss and his hands. They aren't looking at my face. Their eyes hungrily run up and down my body. Even in my drunken state, I feel uncomfortable. The hairs on the back of my neck rise and I have the urge to shrink away. Cameron's hands start sliding up my thigh again. I leap up from his lap.