17 - Karma's a B*tch! - pt. 4

Chapter Six Continued

We talk to the handsome foreigners

We talk to the handsome foreigners. They buy us another round of drinks and begin hinting they have to leave. The louder more extroverted of the two, Ari's guy, eventually ask us to join them back at their hotel for a party.

Ari shoots them down politely. I'm relieved. If she had wanted to go, I don't know if I would've followed her. It's all in good fun flirting and getting free drinks but going back to their room was another thing altogether. After Ari's rejection, they linger, perhaps in hopes of changing our minds, but eventually wander off.

Ari grabs my arm and leads me towards the outside balcony. There is a separate bar outside and a dance floor with a live DJ. Ari drags me on to it. I don't object. I love dancing. We sway together and dance, creating our own pocket of space on the dance floor.

She is a natural dancer. She is fluid, graceful, sensual, and in sync with the pulsing beat. She gyrates her hips in rhythm with the music. Her arms rise and twirl in the air. I move my body with hers, mimicking her movements, and matching her pace.

Ari smiles slyly then turns and presses her back against mine. Then she starts to drop low, seductively dropping her body lower to the floor. I follow her down, accepting her unspoken challenge. We are both practically on the ground and can't get lower.

Our overly suggestive dancing is completely ridiculous and doesn't match the atmosphere, the music, or the setting. We are both aware of this and start giggling. I'm vaguely aware there are other people around us, watching us, but I can't seem to care. We're laughing so hard we both nearly lose our footing in our stilettos.

We pull each other close for balance and rise back up in time with the music. One of her hands is resting on my shoulders and the other is intertwined in mine. It's the perfect position for a twirl.

Years of dancing kick in and I can't resist. I raise her arm in between us and instead of spinning her out, I spin her in towards me. She turns and I pull her waist in close. Her body softly collides into me, and into my waiting arms.

She's momentarily stunned, she hadn't been expecting it. Our faces are only a few inches apart.

I watch up close as her expression turns from shock to joy. A giant smile starts at her lips and spreads to her eyes. It brightens her entire face. This moment of pure surprise and exuberances, it only ever happens once.