34 - #Metoo - pt. 2

Chapter Twelve continued...

I squeal and nearly leap out of my heels

"Whoa! Whoa! It's me." The figure puts his hands up and steps closer. It's Cameron.

"Cameron?" I ask.

He steps into the light. He's in a black suit. His curly hair is pulled back out of his face, clean-shaven and the top buttons of his dress shirt are unfastened. Cameron looked incredibly sexy. It would be easy to forget all his lies and fall into his arms.

"You look beautiful." He says.

He is staring at me like the night we'd first made love. It's fire, passion, and hunger. I know I am supposed to be angry with him, but my body is betraying me. I'm still attracted to him. I'd thought after a person cheated on you the love and attraction faded. It doesn't.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in a hushed voice.

He takes a step closer. I take a step back.

I'm afraid if he touches me my resolve will waver and fail. Cameron's demeanor is calm and confident. It's different from before. It worries me because the disheveled and desperate boy from a few days ago was hard enough to resist. This suave and sexy Cameron, I had no defense against. Nothing but my anger, which I'm having a hard time finding. He at the very least kissed someone else. I am angry, aren't I?

"To explain myself. I didn't do a good job of it last time." He says.

I remember now. I'm angry because he'd not only cheated on me but lied to me for months about his past with Aurora.

"I disagree. I learned everything I needed to know." I growl.

I sidestep him but he steps in front of me. I cross my arms and glare at him. Then he does the unexpected. He drops down to his knees.

"Please, I love you." He says and then pulls my hand into his.

If you've ever had a boy you love get down on his knees and beg for your forgiveness, then you know it feels almost impossible to walk away. I don't think I'm capable of blowing him off. I'm stuck to the floor, for now.

"I want to come clean about everything." Cameron stands up from his knees but doesn't let go of my hand. "You're right. I wasn't being completely truthful."

He gingerly caresses the back of my hand with his thumb. Part of me wants to snatch it away from his grasp the other part never wants him to let go.

"You were right about Ari and me. We do have a past." He starts, "I've known Ari since my Senior year back when she transferred as a Sophomore. There was a big group of us Dec, Ari, James, Ashley. A few other people. We were all tight. Dec had a thing for Ari. All the guys in the group did, it wasn't just me."