28 - #photooftheday - pt. 1

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I wake up on top of Cameron with his arms wrapped around me

It's the first time I've ever woken up before him. I stare at his face and try to commit every contour of it to memory. It takes control not to trace my fingers along his jaw, down the bridge of his broad nose, and across his plump lips. His hair has grown longer since we first met and wavy bronze curls fall into his face. A shadow of a beard outlines the outside of his jaw and it snakes up below his lip. How is it this handsome boy wants me?

I've stared long enough it's time to get up. I check to make sure the coast is clear. Then gingerly I roll off Cameron, so as not to wake him up, and cover him back up. Once I'm up vertical, I notice a light throb between my eyes. I squint at the morning sun which is making the ache worse. I'm experiencing my first hangover. Great.

It's mild and manageable, but not at all pleasant. I swipe up a strewn blanket and wrap it around myself. Why am I wearing a dirty blanket from off the ground? Because it's better than nothing. Which is what I'm wearing; nothing.

I search underneath the sofa for pieces of my bikini but I can't find it. I have a headache and moving my head around in the search makes it worse. I give up and head inside the house.

As quietly as possible, I slide open the glass doors to the house and creep inside. People are sleeping and scattered everywhere. Some on the floor laying in makeshift beds and others crammed on the couches.

Cautiously, I step over bodies and make my way to the hallway leading to the bedrooms. When I reach the room with my bag, I slowly open the door and peek inside. It's not the scene I'd expected. I was sure this room would be full.

Instead, there is only one person in the room, and she is sleeping comfortably on the bed. Courtney is sprawled out, using every corner of it. She's even in her pajamas. It's comical knowing there are several people on the floor just down the hall.

I crouch over my bag and pull out some clothes. I stand up and I'm met with a series of artificial shutters from Courtney's phone.

She is looking at her phone and grinning. "Walk of shame."