40 - Confessions of a Teenage Drama King - pt.4

*Trigger Warning* - This part contains information about sexual assault and/or violence which may be triggering to survivors.

Chapter Thirteen continued...

"Who is it?"

I don't know why I need to know or if I believed her. It didn't really matter. It didn't change what had happened.

"James." She states simply.

Kris scoffs next to me. Ashley's eyes flick in irritation to Kris's and little color comes back to her cheeks. Then she turns her attention back to me.

"Not all of them obviously. Ari is always on the Dirty, it would be humanly impossible for one person. And I'm not as sure about the sex list post, but he's responsible for a few of them cause' I was there."

"You were there?" Kris asks but Ashley's eyes remain glued to me.

"We were all hangin' out in the hot tub. I took the picture...."

Kris interrupts, "So, what you took the pictures and James uploaded it. Seems more likely you posted it."

She continues speaking to me as if he hadn't spoken at all.

"We all took pictures. Including Ari. I put a bunch on my Snap. I texted the photo to James. He looked so bummed out in it, I was tryna to wake him up to the truth. Ari wasn't into him. The next day it shows up on the Dirty posted by TheCaptainJames, his username."

Her eyes finally fall to Kris's for a second.

"Or are y'all forgettin' that. He literally signed his name to it. I don't know what garbage he told y'all, but he was jealous and he posted it. And it's not the only time he has posted neither. The rumor about you and Ari being lovers was James."

She looks at me pointedly. "I was with him when you two arrived in the Tesla, I saw him take the picture. Then at lunch when you told everyone about your birthday celebration and Ari hadn't invited him, the photo magically appeared on the Dirty. And the sex list, I bet he did it too. It was right after Ari started dating that John kid. James was pissed. He said she was too good for all these guys. I swear he knew all their names and strange details about them. Boy is obsessive. Then the sex list showed up."

"It's sus you were there both times those photos were taken," Kris says.

He did have a point.

Ashley fully turns to him and says, "Kris, I can't tell if your throwing shade cause' you have a problem with me or if your incapable of seein' through James's for what he is. If it's the latter, I get it. James is a golden boy but Ari has him whipped. When it comes to her, he's obsessive and irrational. It's why I posted her with those guys. Throughout the entire party, I had to listen to him bitchin' and moan. Ari and Dechlan. Ari and John, all night long. I was drunk and salty. I wanted to break it through his skull she wasn't interested."