Stephanie's Middle Name

Elena's POV

I walked through the empty halls. One or two students passing by every few silent minutes. Until I finally reached the door. I was about to knock on the door when it was swung open. 

"Ah Elena" Greeted Headmistress Faragonda "We have much to discuss" I heard the heavy oak door swing shut from behind me as I walked to take a seat at her desk.

Trinity's POV

We all went to our dorms and stayed there studying until the others came back. I looked at the clock and it was time for dinner.

"Elena said that she'd meet us at dinner, right?" I questioned.

"Yeah," replied Stephanie "That's what she said"

"I wonder what she was doing?"

We locked our room and headed down the hall, passing many, many girls who were had the same destination as us.

"Trinity!" someone called out "Over here!" I turned to the direction of the voice. Elena!

"Oh hi!" I called out. Elena stopped, almost getting trampled by the older girls in the process.

Finally, we reached the dining hall and sat down in our places after getting our food.

An hour later, our stomachs were full and we were all more than ready to see our assignment results.

I fell onto the couch and grabbed everyone's letter and passed them out.

"Elena Kaida Nitro, me, Trinity Electrica Software,  Aqua Cascade Thames,  Stephanie...Uh...Cepter, Calypso Thaime Roar and Ariel Ocean Lake." I called out "What is your middle name Stephanie?"

"Err.. Lets just see what we all got" She interrupted 

"Aww man!" Moaned Ariel " I got a B and a note 'Ariel making your writing bigger does not make it longer!' How mean is that!" Mimicking a perfect impersonation of Professor Alice

"I got an A" Said Calypso

"So did I," Replied Elena, "although I did get a note saying that my writing was quite mechanical.

"I got an B minus" Grimaced Aqua " Miss found out that Elena helped me."

The girls went on saying the rest of their grades until  Stephanie cleared her throat.

"You are all probably wondering what I'm about say..." She stated "Its about my middle name"

"Oh yeah..." I said, "its never been said"

"Well let me tell you a story..." She began.

Stephanie's POV

"Let me tell you a story" I began

" Many years ago in Lynog, twins were born. They were the children of the king and queen, Adrian and Blanche. The boy,Arlo was to be to be king and his sister was to be princess. Skip to about  25 years, Arlo had taken his place on the throne with his queen and they had many children, his sister had married and had a son. The day after his sisters son had been announced to public, the Princess disappeared. The kingdom's greatest detectives had been summoned to find her, they looked everywhere in the magical dimension but alas, there was not a single trace. The whole kingdom mourned for her as she was favoured by many. After that day, no one decided to say her name. One of the princesses nieces had been given her name as their middle name to honour her years before. But of course, no one said her middle name. She is still missing to this day"

I frown itched on my face. Even though I had known her for only four years, I remembered Aunt Harlow like it was yesterday.

"So your  middle name is the name of the lost princess?" Asked Ariel

"Yes" I replied

"I have something to say as well" Added Calypso " Everyone has their secrets."

"What does that mean?" I asked. I saw Ariel give a questionable but hopeful... face at Calypso. Perhaps she knew what she was going to say.

"You all know that I've been quite quiet and jumpy." She said, easing us in. "Well, I have PTSD"

"PTS what?" questioned Aqua

"PTSD" I replied "Its short for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder"

" I wasn't always quiet." She explained It all changed 5 years ago.I was having a nice walk in the garden, looking for my older brother, Kai. But suddenly I stopped. The air had changed. Having a lion spirit, I smelt out something. Rouges. And my brother. I ran quietly to the smell and I saw them all. Surrounding my brother.I called for them to stop. To leave him alone. To let him go. But they didn't." 

There were hot tears running down her face. Her eyes weren't even focusing on us and it looked like she was reliving the memory.

" I still heard their voices ringing in my ears after all those years. It scared me. The leader did something that replays in my nightmares nearly everyday. Out of his bag, he pulled out the legendary lion sword, which was supposed to be safely kept in our family treasure room, and he stabbed my brother right in the heart." 

We all took a sharp intake of breath.

"My brother called out to me, telling me he loved us. Asking me to never forget him. The truth is, I would never forget him."

 She cried, saying the last bit more to herself than us.

"My heart crushed and then I had no control over my body. Pulling out my daggers from a hidden pocket inside my boots, I was zooming around like a spark in a flame. Slashing and spinning. I finally stopped after realising that all the rouges were dead on the floor. When I finally gained control of my body, I saw the palace guards running towards me. The world began to spin and I fainted.The rest is foggy but three days later, I woke up feeling confused as I was in a white room with beeping noises. A hospital. My sister continued to comfort me as I cried and called myself a... a m...monster."

I cant believe she thought herself as that. I had lost someone but this, this was way worse. Having to relive her fear nearly every day.

"After we had the funeral, just going to the bathroom, required 10 guards to go with me. I had a lot of sessions to help me over my traumatising experience. Most of the time I would cry. I had nightmares so terrible that I was afraid to go to sleep.  I was kept in my room because many people said that I was a danger. A threat to the kingdom., Then I met Ariel, I had escaped the castle and she was in a park with her parents. After I returned to my family, my parents had asked if we could stay in touch because Ariel made me smile."

"When I heard I was going to Alfea, I was scared of leaving my family and the castle because anything could trigger me. It was requested that I share a room with Ariel and then I met you girls. I still have the nightmares though."

At this point everyone was in tears.

"Oh Calypso" Began Elena " I think I speak for all of us when I say that you are our best friend and nothing will ever change that.

I checked the clock. "Its almost midnight but I'm not tired, what should we do now"

 " I know exactly what to do" smiled Aqua as she brought a medium sized suitcase from her room.

I wrote this chapter in one day Its only long because the Calypso bit is like 560 words but... Well I have no idea what to say so...Also this is Early... I think...

Don't forget to...

Vote

Comment

Share

Bye!

BTW I will edit all spelling errors later