Act Normal

It was nearing up to 12:30 when there wa.s a knock at our door.

"Maybe its the girls?" Whispered Ariel

"Girls" Spoke Griselda from the opposite side of the door "Open up this door!"

"Gosh, its The Ruler! What do we do?" Asked Ariel .

I didn't get a chance to reply because Griselda called out again. "I know you're awake."

Ariel's POV

"What do we do?! Griselda is at the door!" I whisper shouted to  Stephanie for about the hundredth time.

"We open the door," She finally replied. "Act normal"

Act normal. Act normal! Normal! What's normal again? Aha! Cleaning.

I summoned an ice broom. Or maybe a normal broom would be normal?

Okay time to sweep the ceiling. Wait! The floor. Maybe I should just clean the tables.

I turned my back to the door as I heard the door click. Stephanie must have opened it.

"Oh hi, Miss Griselda. " Greeted Stephanie "Lovely weather we're having tonight, amirite?"

"Why are you awake?" Griselda asked with a stern look on her face. "You have classes tomorrow."

"Oh yeah, Ariel and I couldn't sleep, we were just doing some cleaning" Stephanie replied with a monotone voice. How could she lie so easily?

I turned to Griselda, "Y-yeah just cleaning"

She lifted her glasses and raised her eyebrows. "Is that so?"

Stephanie did a dramatic yawn. "Yes miss, and we've finished now so you're the one keeping us awake"

"Oh ah , well get some sleep now and learn some manners young lady" Griselda replied and closed the doors hastily.

I let out a deflated sigh. "How?" I asked .

"How what?" Asked Stephanie .

"How do you lie so easily?" I asked.

Stephanie grinned. "Well, Its not really lying since we can't go to sleep because we have to wait for the others and you were cleaning just now. Its more like twisting the truth."

"Oh"

---

Eventually, there were four quiet knocks on the door. I was about to tell Stephanie that it was Griselda again but she beat me to it.

"Keep you hair on, its just the girls" She shushed then headed to open the door.

Trinity was the first  to enter, "We found something in the Headmistress's drawer, it was a letter to the other professors, I took a picture and then we left.

"I hope you didn't leave a mess." I said.

Trinity shared eye contact with the others. "Oops" They all said.

I facepalmed myself.

"We can look at the picture tomorrow, for now lets get some sleep" Informed Calypso.

And sleep we did.

________________________________________________________________________________

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ 🎀 𝒜𝓆𝓊𝒶'𝓈 𝒫♡𝒱 🎀 █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

I woke up earlier than the others and got ready. I was playing games on my phone until it was six am and I heard the others getting ready.