Chapter Twenty-four - Part One

"Jess!" Elijah's excited voice comes.

Hearing her name, Jess waves and walks over to the suitor and his family.

Elijah beams. "Jess, let me introduce my family. This is my little brother, Caleb,"

Jess smiles up at the blonde boy. "Welcome to the Palace, it's nice to meet you! How are you liking it so far?"

Caleb bows with a grin on his face. "Boy, it's been amazing, Your Highness! It's so huge and fancy! So much different from what I'm used to,"

Blushing, Elijah rubs his neck. "Okay, Cal. And these are our mums,"

The first woman with her long hair tied back in a ponytail curtsies despite the fact she wears jeans. "My name is Lauren Addams, Your Highness." Her eyes - the same blue as Elijah's - fill with moisture. "Thank you so much for giving my baby this opportunity. We were so worried that he wouldn't get to experience anything but working out on the field,"

Before Jess can respond, the second lady cuts in.

"And for your parents! Without them, all this wouldn't have been possible," she gestures to Lauren, Caleb and Elijah. "Before your parents started to rule, my love for Lauren would have been punishable by death. I couldn't have asked for a better family to rule this country,"

Jess covers her mouth, touched. "I- thank you, ma'am,"

Unable to contain her emotion, the woman embraces the princess in a hug. "No, Your Highness, thank you. And please, call me Angie,"

Passing his sniffle as a laugh, Elijah crushes Caleb in a one-armed hug which he returns.

"Wow, you've gotten stronger!" Elijah laughs.

Caleb grins, flexing his arm. "Thanks to you, bro! Since you left, they've let me help out on the field!"

"Maybe you'll tan one day," Elijah taunts, poking his brother's pale arm causing him to withdraw it and poke out his tongue.

Suddenly, everybody's eyes look just behind Jess and they immediately bow. "Your Majesties,"

Maxon smiles, his arm around America. "Please, around here we're Maxon and America. You must be the family of our most popular boy, eh?"

Elijah turns pink. "Well-y-yes, u-um, this-this is... my family," he manages to say.

"Apparently so," America laughs, though her blue eyes shine with humour. "And two times in running, as well! Quite a feat,"

"We're so proud of him!" Angie says, patting Elijah's back.

"Shocked to the bone, but proud," Caleb adds, jabbing the back of his brother's knee with his boot.

Elijah bats him away. "Oh, have you guys seen your rooms?" He asks energetically. "They're massive!"

Obviously excited, Angie and Lauren try their best to remain composed in front of Maxon and America.

"We'll let you look into your rooms," Maxon says, smiling. "And we'll see you soon!"

The Addams' family bow and begin to walk away.

"Uh, actually," Caleb starts, scratching his head. "Elijah, do you know where the, uh, where the toilets are? I gotta go,"

Elijah nods and points across the hall. "Thataway, just down that hall you can see there,"

Following his brother's finger, Caleb looks past where the Washington's stand tensely. "Ah, thanks bro," He bows to America, Maxon and Jess respectively before rushing off.