Chapter 22

We walked behind the door that led through the kitchen and all the way to the back where another wooden door stood.

Bryson knocked on the door and after a few seconds, a woman's voice called us in.

He smiled at me reassuringly before opening the door and led me into a small room.

A woman with long blonde hair sat at a big wooden desk in the middle of the room that had a bunch of papers all over it.

She looked up and her big brown eyes met mine immediately.

She smiled warming lay before motioning for Bryson and I to sit down.

"Hi! Im guessing you're here for the Job interview because that's the only reason Bry brings anyone back here." She smirked.

I chuckled before nodding my head.

She grinned "Well my name is Sabrina and I'm the manager here. What's you're name?"

"Oh! Sorry, my name is Skylar. Skylar Bradley."

"Nice to meet you Skylar. How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen."

Her eyes drifted over to Bryson before looking back at me "Do you have any experience in serving Skylar?"

"Well no, but I'm quick at learning?"

A grin broke out on her face before she said "That's the attitude we need here. So why exactly do you want a job here?"

Oh goody..

"Well I just need a little extra money. You know, I'm about to be eighteen and I'm gonna need it in order to keep a living and all." I shrugged.

She seemed deep in thought before pulling some papers out of her drawers.

"If you'll fill these papers out and then you and I will go back to the storage room and get your skirt while Bryson goes and gets your name tag ready."

"Thank you so much!" I smiled, grabbing the papers and looking over them.

*******

"So basically, you can just find three of your size and they're all yours."

I gaped at the sight in front of me and all of the sudden became excited.

So let me tell you what's happening.

Sabrina has a whole room full of leather jackets, neck scarves, shoes, poodle skirts and leg warmers and she's letting me have three poodle skirts, some scarves and a jacket.

How much did all of that cost?!

Ugh!

"Ill leave to to it. Just come out when you're done and we should have you're name tag." Sabrina smiled.

"Thank you" I called out as she walked away.

My eyes searched the walls before picking up purple, pink and black poodle skirts and matching scarves.

The jacket I got was kind of like the one off of grease with pink leather and looked kind of good with the pink and black skirt.

When all done, I walked back out to the main area to see Sabrina helping Bryson out by a small machine and so I sat at a booth waiting patiently.

After a few minutes, they both walked over to me and Bryson smiled.

"Here's your name tag Skylar."

"Thanks" I smiled.

He nodded his head shyly before walking away and Sabrina sat down in front of me, smirking.

"Now are you gonna tell me the real reason why you want to work here?" she asked.

I snapped my head up. "What?"

"Skylar, it was so obvious that you were lying in there, so why do you really need a job?"

I sighed, giving up.

"I'm pregnant. I really need the money because I only have enough for a few months at an apartment because I'm sure my mom will kick me out of the house."

She gave me a sympathetic look before saying "Well will there be a boy getting in between your working?"

"No." I sighed "No boy."

"What?" Her eyes widened.

"He left. There is no boy. Just me and the baby."

"Oh honey, in so sorry." She cried out, pulling me into a hug.

"It's fine, he's an ass anyways so I guess it's good..?"

Lie.

She nodded her head.

"Yes! Okay, well we have to close up be aide it's nine, so ill see you Monday at five."

I nodded my head and gave her one last hug.

"Thanks again Sabrina."

"No problem honey."